Chapter 87

—Hey, I swear this wasn't my idea. It's was the monster team's idea. Don't get mad at me.

George could hear Mudgle's slightly panicked voice in his mind. He sighed and shook his head annoyed and glared at the people who were coming their way. "Will I at least get a reward if I get to escape these players?" He asked and heard Mudgle's shaking sigh.

—Yes yes, you will get a reward. The same goes for the other top players. Yours will be better though.

Mudgle answered and George used his lie detector skill to make sure that he was telling the truth.

【 The Lie detection skill has confirmed that Monster Mudgle has told the truth 】

Mudgle scoffed in his mind in disbelief.

—Do you really not trust me? I can see what skills you are doing strong human.

He clarified and George's lips twitched up as he smiled. "How am I supposed to trust a monster that caused this zone? Hm?" He asked and Mudgle made a small cough before leaving the connection in his mind. George's eyes stopped at his teammates who were staring at him in shock and in worry.

Dream had turned slightly pale when he heard the announcement and gazed at George with a rebellious gaze however his voice was calm. Kassie looked at George completely pale unlike her brother. "...George?" Dream grabbed Kassie's shoulder and stared at George. "Will you be fine? We'll have to take care of this mess" he asked worriedly with his tone soft.

George smiled and shook his head while waving his hands like everything that was happening was nothing. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me" he said and looked at the players who were holding common swords usually seen in battles in the wars. He grinned awkwardly, "..I'll be back I guess. Give me twenty minutes" he finished.

Karl looked at his worriedly while staring at the upcoming players. "You have a plan right? You won't die right?" He asked multiple questions in such a quick moment. George only looked at him and nodded. "Of course" then he started to run when he saw that the players were getting close.

"Holy shit?"

"No way! Experienced rank?!"

"Get that bitch!"

George bit his lip irritated and looked at his auntie Anna who was fighting some zombies. At the same time, she had eyes on George who was getting like a mouse from a group of cats. George looked at Anna and waved his hand before turning his face serious and stoic. "We'll handle some players to keep your run easier!" She yelled.

Thanks? George didn't really know how to react since they would probably need to take care of the monsters first.

—Geez, this is what I hate about humans. They get so greedy when it comes to rankings. Then again, its also about survival.

Mudgle communicated in his mind while following the human with a nasty and disappointed expression. George looked behind him and jumped towards the small wall that was guarded by a large fence. "He's close!" One yelled. He dropped down to the floor from a six feet height stealthily and looked behind him sharply.

He stopped when he dropped to the ground and yielded his sword as he turned his body. He sliced through the person's chest however it only reached its skin. It made a small injury and made everyone stop behind him and let him continue. "Hey! I thought he was the strongest?! He didn't even kill him!" One person yelled.

George panted and looked at the time on his wrist that was printed on his skin like a tattoo. It was glowing red.

[18:30]

For some reason George hoped that it was already done. He made an ugly and disgusted expression when he saw the zombies he was stepping on. Suddenly, he sensed something flying towards his shoulder. Clang! A dagger tried to stab him and it came from the people chasing him behind. If it wasn't for his coat he probably would have blood on his clothes. "Rude" George mumbled and took a quick turn.