Chapter 15

Just like how he said. After eliminating the man with the ice shard ability. He explored every spot of San Diego at night. He did see into some players but he tried to avoid them as much as possible. Some just looked at him and continued to do what they were doing not bothering anyone.

The beacon here in San Diego was close to the sea unlike the beacon in LA that was in the middle of the city. The beacon was just half a mile away from the gym and George could easily get there by car.

He had five days to get ready to clear the game in the monument where the beacon was found. The remaining one day for traveling there after a player unlocks it.

Ever since his kill. He had now gotten to level 29 and gained lots of experience. There were probably people out there that are already at level forty because of killing but he doubted that some people wants to kill already. The killer people were probably the ones who used to be serial killers or the desperate ones.

Since he had already met several people with his identity identifier. He wanted to know if he could see the records of people he made contact with whether it was sight or physical contact. He scrolled through the people he had met based on his data and saw at least twenty plus people.

There was Wilbur, Tommy, Toby, Drista, Oliver, and some random people he just made contact with. Then he saw a specific name that caught his eye. He pressed the name and read the identity.

[Player name- Clay]

[Code name- Dream]

[August 12, 1999]

[Ordinary level 70]

[Met due to sight contact 5 days ago]

George almost trembled when he saw the code name. "Could it be" he mumbled looking at the identity. He read this identity at least twenty times until he could memorize it and took a deep breath pressing his palms against his chest counting his heartbeats. Later on, he finally calmed down.

'Code name: Dream' he read. This had to be the player that first unlocked the first door! Based on the level that was 70. George was sure that this was the player. Code names couldn't be repeated. Right, when he started this game he wanted his code name to be Geo but he saw that this was already taken.

What were the chances of meeting the player who was the reason why all players are forced to play every month now? It was very high. It had to the probability of one in two billion! George leaned against the wall of the gym. "When did I meet him though?" He said glancing back at the item screen.

'Met due to sight contact 5 days ago. He tried to remember the people he made sight contact with that day exactly 5 days ago. It couldn't be the people he met before he got the identity identifier like Robert and Jacob. It also wasn't Wilbur and the others he met physically.

Then he remembered that guy who was stalking them secretly. The one with the mask that had a smile, black pants, and everything and a motorcycle. George calmly remembered this occasion. Dream was the guy he met with Kassie. However, Kassie didn't see him since she was busy talking.

At that time, Dream was probably planning on killing them. Or maybe he was just curious? He couldn't see their faces at that time since they were wearing leather black masks just like him.

George ran his cold hands through his hair. However whoever this Dream or Clay guy is. Him finding out his identity shouldn't be a problem. That was correct. This high level player didn't see their faces and he can't have their identity identifier since they're the only ones who have it.

So meeting him again means that they were just complete strangers. But there was one thing that George was worried about. This Dream guy is in the same city as them! But he could have also switched multiple cities and he just visited San Diego and then proceeded to other cities.