Chapter 55

George panted as he finally had lost the crazy duck and slammed his back against the wall. He drank a portion of his water and immediately crouched down to the floor when he heard flying creatures above him.

These creatures looked like bats however they had the face of a crocodile and a body of an eagle. But they were black. He sighed realizing what the creatures were before getting back on track. He had already met tones of those creatures and they weren't that strong.

However, they were hard to kill. Like fast mosquitoes that went around him. George found them quite annoying.

He continued walking in the tense atmosphere around him. He wondered where was the exit of this maze to find the gem. Or was it just around the maze? He couldn't be so sure. He kept going to the north instead of the south, east, or west since there was normally where the exit was. However, he started to doubt.

He leaned against the wall and looked at his phone compass. It said he was going towards the north. He wondered if it really was the north. He thought that this was the path that players always go to since it was the path normally seen in movies. Was he just wrong?

If he was then he would just have to go in other directions. Such as south, east, and west if North really isn't working. But he wondered, what if it was in the middle? He imagined a maze. If it wasn't in the sides then it must be in the middle.

Right now he was probably at the edge of the Northern part of the maze since he was against a flat wall and it seemed to not get any further. While walking he also made sure to walk in a straight line even with the paths blocking his way. Now he would just have to go south and calculate his steps to the middle.

"You think that he already reached the gem? If so I guess I'll have to wait for more humans to come here" He heard Chase's voice speak. He immediately used his invisibility and 'losing his presence' ability to hide.

"Kehehe, I don't care. I just want someone to play with. Maybe even munch on its brain after. That's the most delicious part" He heard Daffy Duck's voice.

Chase sighed from the corner and George turned towards to the left, "Haa, you crazy bastard. This is why nobody likes you. You can eat yeah, but play with them? Geez, if Rider sees you he'll be disappointed, tch" Chase clicked his tongue and the duck could only laugh like a psychopath.

"Anyway, we've been protecting the gem. It's impossible for him to get through us. Haha! If he does, I'll just devour his organs!" The crazy duck laughed while waving his hands up in the air like the bones were never there but muscle and fat.

George frowned went deeper when he heard their voices while he crossed paths with them easily using both of his abilities. He hopes that these creatures that played as rats on the ground didn't see him or else he would probably be doomed. He felt that this was unfair to other players since he had the ability to take someone's ability.

But the game probably wasn't that nice. Eliminate probably gave every player the difficulty fit for their ability. With anyone imagine that the game that kills actually is nice to other players? The answer was already obvious. George twisted his body to the corner when he was finally far from the two monsters.

Bang! He suddenly flinched when he saw a gate appear in front of him. He looked to the left and saw that he was in a huge flat square arena. The room was just plain and each side was probably twenty meters in both length and width.

The room was lighted up bright green. He looked up at the source of light and saw the purple gem hanging on the top of the maze with a chain on the tip of the green gem. He widened his eyes. Bang! Bang! Continues of these sounds rung in his ears. He looked around him and saw that multiple gates closed around him.