Chapter 68

George remembered when he was still alone before he had met anyone. He remembered how he would only stay in the office alone. At first, he got bullied for not knowing anything. A year later all that changed when he started becoming better than anyone. Before the world changed. Before Eliminate happened. Human lived a normal life.

George only stayed in his apartment. He only did his work, play games, eat, sleep and drink. Those were the only things he did. He was a busy yet quiet man. An introvert that barely goes in public and make friends. Of course, that was before Eliminate came in the world where it changed everything. Before everyone turned into a killer.

George found it funny that he was once again alone after a five months free in public. Just walking around the streets as if it was nothing. He looked up at the sky. Stars were waving at him as if they were winking. They flash lights like fantasy and there was a huge gorgeous aurora mixed with the colors blue, purple, green and red.

Auroras barely happen here in this part of America. The sky was much clearer and not a single cloud was to be seen. George wondered what it was like to have a world to have a sky like this where there wasn't any monsters, games and abilities. Just a normal life with nothing to do like a slacker.

George made a decision to find one of his friend's house's hear in this city. He was passed down some players who ignored him or didn't notice him at all. Piyol killed some monsters to boost up his level and George only searched. From left to right, right to left. He wanted to see if his friend was still alive.

Screeck!

He pushed the metal gate open and heard a familiar sound of metal getting pushed. George locked the gate open and entered the backyard. His friend's house wasn't big but it also wasn't huge. It was familiar to his apartment. His friend's job was a simple librarian and this friend had met his parents before.

He pushed the door open and could see a thick layer of dust on the floor. George couldn't help but smile by just imagining how dirty his apartment is back in LA. He pushed the door to his friend's bedroom and could see pictures of George and other friends back in high school eating a few street foods.

George stiffened when he saw himself who was awkwardly smiling at the frame. "He's dead" George pulled out his sword and turned serious as he slightly backed away against the wall. He pointed the tip at the person who said that and saw a woman who was wearing black combat equipment and a huge gun on her back.

She was about the same height as George and had white hair and blue eyes. She had the traits of a Chinese and American person. His high school friend Fu Zhao who was the owner of this house had an auntie. Her name was Anna. George widened his eyes and retracted his sword when he recognized her and weakly bowed his head that was saying an apology.

"Auntie I was just" George rambled lightly as he was nervous but Anna raised her hand.

"I know" Anna smiled gently as she patted George's hair, "Zhao's sister is dead as well. Ever since you two got separated in high school. Zhao spent time more on studying. Zhao's sister Fu Zhang died because of cancer a year ago. Zhao died in the first main door game" she said and leaned against the wall.

George looked at Anna, "...And you're still alive" he said lightly while his lips twitched slightly.

Anna nodded smiling, "Yes yes I am alive. George, I'm glad you're alive as well" she said. The two looked at each other and frowned. Anna decided that they should talk downstairs. Even with everything dusted. It was still slightly clean and the house was useable. Anna gave George a glass of water and sat at the sofa.

Anna talked about a few games that she had played. "What brings you here in Fu Zhao's house?" She asked George who was still wearing his item jacket.

"I wanted to see if he was still alive somehow even if we haven't met in a long time" George chuckled but then he frowned, "But it seems that I was wrong" he said giving Anna an apologetic look.

Anna nodded and leaned against the sofa with legs crossed, "You'll be headed to clear a game after visiting right?" Anna asked and George's eyes lit up and nodded.

"I see. I'll be clearing the fourth door main game. Hm, have you cleared all the available door main games yet?" Anna asked George who nodded carefully. Anna stood up and brought out her hand that George took while standing up. Anna shook his hand, "Then stay alive until the end of this disaster. Got that?"

George stared at Anna's gaze with a serious and stoic face, "Of course, I plan on living until the end"

Time passed down quickly and it was already the next day. George noticed some parts of Earth had changed ever since the fourth door main game was available. Caves and biomes were seen quite often when he passed through alleyways between buildings. It was just like a vacation in a hotel. Of course, George entered these biomes and caves and was only met by low leveled mobs.

George glanced at the forest in front of him. He was currently standing in between two huge buildings with a huge road on his back. Behind him, it looked like it was an ordinary huge city in San Diego. But right when he went in between these buildings. There was suddenly a huge dark black forest.

「 The Forest of Disasters 」

It was quite a scary name to see. Some caves also had texts like this one however some weren't glowing unlike this one. He thought that there could be some strong mobs that will he found here. The adrenaline in his mind was getting stronger and louder as he kept staring at the sign and the surrounding.

Huge trees were found that had multiple dark thick green vines on it. There were also some spider webs without spiders on the branches. The road was rocky and it had multiple puddles of water and mud. However the mud was black and was boiling hot. When George took a step inside the Forest of Disasters. A blue screen hologram popped up in front of him.

「 Information: The Forest of Disasters 」

【 The Forest of Disasters is divided into two regions. Outward and inner regions. Currently, you are standing on the outward region of the Forest of Disasters 】

【 Outward region: The Region is the closest region to the Earth Dimension. Low-leveled and Average monsters are found here. Gaining experiences for low-leveled players are suitable for this region 】

【 Inner region: The Region is inner region of the Forest of Disasters. This region is surrounded by the huge land of the outward region. This is found in the middle. Only high-leveled m and experienced high-leveled monsters are found here. Gaining experiences for high-leveled players are suitable here. Tamable monsters can also he found here 】

【 There will be no games when a player enters the Forest of Disasters. Special items can also be obtained throughout the forest. However, each player will not be able to get out in the next twenty four ours once they take a step in to the Forest. Death in the Forest means Death in Earth 】

George stared at the last sentence and widened his eyes. He looked behind him and tried to get out but his forehead bumped onto the atmosphere. It seemed like there was an invisible forcefield in front of him. He let out a frustrated sigh and ran his finger tips through his hair. "Damn it" he mumbled.

He looked back at the Forest. It seems like he would need to stay a night here and live.