Chapter 71

They were still quite high up when they hit the ground of the snow mountain. George didn't feel any pain because of the shield he had summoned that disappeared a second after he hit the ground. He stood up from the ground and started to look of Piyol.

E, eek!

He could hear Piyol stuttering on the ground. He widened his eyes and looked down beneath his feet and saw Piyol who was covered in snow. He immediately crouched down and pulled Piyol up who was covered in stone. His black gloves touched Piyol's fur who didn't shiver but was slightly confused because he was in an unknown location.

Eek!

Piyol was surprised to realize that he was in George's arm. He flew to the cold atmosphere while shaking the snow that was stuck on his fur. George glared around the area with his hands on his waist. He looked up and he could see a huge tree that was at least the size of a four story building. It had blue ice that hung in the branches that looked like crystals hanging from a tree.

It also had white leaves and the branches were very dark brown that could be mistaken as black. The roots were dug deep in the ground. It was also quite wide and the white leaves.

—Eek!

He heard Piyol speak in his mind with an energetic tone. The child seemed very excited to see a tree that looked magical and mythical. However, that was the reason why George felt scared for moment before turning serious as usual and felt shivers on his spine. Something's wrong. He wanted to speak that out loud but he was too anxious to even make a sound.

He stared at the tree and frowned. Ha, Damn it. He internally scoffed in his mind followed by an annoyed curse. Suddenly he could hear a loud screech that sounded like an eagle? He was questioning what he had just heard however it was definitely not an eagle when he could see flames throwing down from the sky. However these flames weren't normal. Instead of orange they were blue.

Eek!

Piyol started to warn George who shouted. "I know!" He started to summon shields using his shield ability in the air. He grunted when he could feel the huge attacks of the flames that felt like huge buildings. "How is it so-? Ugh!" He pushed even more further while creating more layers of shields.

He felt that the attacks stopped and the shields disappeared one by one after a few minutes. George stared at the sky and could see a bird that was almost the size of the Griffen he had met earlier. This bird had a very long tail and its fur was made out of pure ice however it bent like fur easily when the wings flapped on the sky.

It had three huge claws that was the size of half of George's arm each. Each wing was at least one meter long and it radiated from bright blue to white in the edges. The eyes were flowing bright light blue and it let out the sounds of an eagle however it was high-pitched. The beak of this creature was sharp and was blue.

The bird's body was surrounded by bright blue flames. George could immediately tell what this mythical creature was. An ice phoenix. This type of Phoenix resembled the ice and the cold. Its flames were freezing cold instead of hot like a the orange Phoenix.

Based on George's knowledge, these creatures were like immortals and were extremely ancient and intelligent. These creatures could not compare to a Griffen or a dragon as it is extremely powerful. These creatures were like gods in greek mythology because of its special abilities.

Screech-!

George could hear the loud screeches of the bird. The Ice Phoenix stared at him and started flapping its wings towards him. He could feel cold air wave on him making him shiver. The wings started flapping heavy and it started to release sharp ice shards from its wings that shot straight towards George.