Chapter 21

【San Diego 7:00 am】

George threw his bag in the passenger seat while he was standing outside the car with the door locked. Wilbur and the two teenagers were watching them waving their goodbyes. George got in the driver's seat looked behind him and saw Kassie who was waving back at the other two teenagers.

Tommy waved his two hands grinning, "Goodbye bitches! Stay safe!" He yelled while Toby slapped his mouth innocently waving goodbye to George and Kassie. Wilbur sent a salute to George while the brunette only nodded waving his hands slightly. Ever since he was a teenager he was never good at socializing with people so this was the best he could do.

George closed the door beside him and started the car. He pressed his feet on the engine below him and pressed his right hand on a 2 o'clock position at the wheel and started driving. He looked at the car's window outside and saw the three who were slowly disappearing when he turned the car around the corner.

In the middle of driving through the streets where the night lights were still blinking. Kassie interrupted the silence, "Do you know where E 30th street is? The street seems random" she said while her chin was rested on her palms; elbows rested on the door.

George hummed, "Yes I know the street. I've never really gone there on foot but a year ago when I came here I saw it multiple times while on a cab," he said calmly locking the doors in the car while putting on the shades that he saw on the car plus the black mask.

Kassie nodded and continued examining the area while she made sure that it was safe. George was also glancing around the area not focusing on the road that much since there was barely any cars in this area. He wants to know how many people are left on earth ever since the past month.

It was probably estimated to be around less than a billion already since the last time it was 2 billion or less.

While driving across the streets George could see some corpses on the floor and mobs with different levels eating them dead. George looked at the mobs or monsters in disgust while his face was turning into an ugly expression.

The physiological pain was much worse than the physical pain if he would have to fight off those monsters. Come to think of it, George noticed that he only had met mobs that were less than level 15. He had never met a mob that was leveled much higher than that.

George looked at the window in the middle of the car and faced it to Kassie where he could watch her. "When I was gone playing the main second door game. Have you ever met a mob that's higher than level 15?" He casually asked keeping his eyes on the area around the car.

Kassie's left cheek formed into a bubble while she thought carefully remembering the past mobs she encountered, "Yes actually. I once fought one that is level 20, 17, and 19. One for each when I want to explore for one straight day. Their not that hard to fight but it was challenging than the ones lower than 15" she said.

That must be the reason why he hasn't seen that many mobs. He wasn't exploring as much as Kassie was. Maybe when he joins the organization he could try and explore more around the area. Finding challenging mobs would probably boost up his level more.

George, "When we get there don't think that we're safe. We still can't trust that organization and I bet there are a lot of members there that probably kill a lot based on my current information. Try not to let your guard down" he spoke calmly and turned to the corner of the road.

Kassie, "Mh I never let my guard down even when I'm asleep my ears are sensitive. Don't worry"

George click his tongue slowing down a little when he passed through other cars, "Who says I'm worried about you? I'm simply trying to keep you alive" He spoke sternly while Kassie almost bursts out laughing.