Chapter 69

—Eek!

George almost forgot that Piyol was on his shoulder as he silently explored the Forest of Disasters. He knew well that it was day time in this forest but because of the trees that created shadows. It was dark and only turned the creepiness of this forest to the max. There weren't that many sounds except for the breeze. It was quiet.

...dangerous places were usually quiet.

George looked up; he could see a gap between the trees and saw a snow mountain somewhere in the inner region of the large forest. Around the tip of the mountain there was a huge pile of snow clouds and the fog was thick. The probability of the center of forest being the spot where high-leveled mobs were found was high.

Based on the area. It was already extremely dangerous here in the outer region. He planned on trying to move around as freely as possible here in the forest. That way it would become much safer. He wanted to avoid most monsters as possible during the twenty four hours but he found the opportunity quite a waste if he did it.

George cut through the bushes using his sword swiftly while Piyol flew through the small gaps of the trees while keeping an eye on George. George looked down and saw that he had almost stepped on a boiling black mud pile behind the bush. He noted that he needed to be more careful on his steps.

Squeak.

George looked down and saw a small creature. It looked like a small mouse and it was colored dark blue. He almost mistaken it as black but that was because it was dark. The dark blue rat made close eye contact with George and it tilted its head. The red eyes stared and the dark blue rat's fur stood up. "Grr!"

The rat made an unexpected sound and jumped higher than George's height. George backed away one step as he was expecting it and pulled out his sword. He swung his sword horizontally to the body of the rat but the rat dodged in the air like a bird. It landed on the blade of the sword and started running towards George.

George immediately channeled his electricity ability at the sword and saw the rat stop. The fur of the rat started to get covered with sparks and smoke started to release. The rat fell to the ground smoking and George stared at it emotionlessly. He sighed and stabbed the rat with the tip of his sword and threw it somewhere in the forest.

He passed through more bushes. Cutting, pushing through them like it was nothing. He wouldn't be able to do this without his items and he would probably struggle. Sure enough. He felt something flying towards him. George lightly slashed his sword to the left and there were some poisonous arrows at the floor that was cut into two.

He bluntly stated. "There's also traps" But it was expected because of the name of the forest. He continued his journey through the forest without using any abilities. He wanted to get the attention of some monsters even if they were low-leveled creatures. The outer region of the forest was the safest inside here. However, it was also the smallest region.

The outer region was just a few kilometers while the inner region was wider. Of course, it was more dangerous and to freely move around there. The player should at least have the skill to fight a level two hundred monster.

After an hour of cutting through bushes. George finally had made it through the bush part of the outer region of the forest. Right now, he should be somewhere around the part that is close to the inner region. In addition, he was in the spot where the mobs would soon appear often. The forest path was now clear and the trees here were slightly taller.

—Eek!

George turned his gaze in front of him at Piyol's warning and saw a couple of monsters. These monsters looked like Gnomes. They had different colored shirts but had dark skin like the mix of very dark brown and peach. These gnomes had white hats and their eyes were deep glowing violet. All of them were golding sticks and staffs.