Chapter 10

The streets were a lot different now. Animals had disappeared and the atmosphere was always tense and extreme. Unlike before Eliminate happened when the air was calm and refreshing.

All communication by electronics was now not working and barely any electricity in the cities were working. While driving through the streets, George barely passed by cars that were driving but of course, he still passed some. However, both George and the other card decided to have peace for now.

They didn't know each other's abilities and they certainly didn't want to die. George stopped the car and grabbed his bag from the passenger seat and left the car with Kassie whose name was Drista left the back seats. Kassie drank the energy potion she made and sighed placing her bottle in the bag.

"Take this" George said handing Kassie one of his knives, "You'll need one when we get into trouble," he said but Kassie shook her head placing her hands in her pocket and pulling out a sharp pocket knife.

"I already have one" Kassie smiled as George nodded placing back the knife he was holding. He pulled out his flashlight and pressed his fingers against the button as both he and Kassie looked around the new area. They walked through the streets easily eliminating small mobs on the way.

Clang! He heard a sound of a knife hitting against a metal bar. George reacted and pushed Kassie to the side as he blocked the upcoming knife that was now on the floor. He stared at the man in front of him who was wearing a black cloak. "Are you a player?" George asked coldly.

The man laughed lowly looking up at George, "You have good reaction skills" he said surprised while Kassie stared calmly at the man secretly creating a poisonous potion to throw. George noticed this instantly and stared at Kassie who gulped nodding.

"Answer the question" George demanded.

The man was surprised at the stern and leaned against the wall of the alleyway, "Yes, I'm a player" he said removing the cloak from his head. This man was young and looked like he was in his late twenties. He had blond hair and blue eyes and he was an American.

That didn't make George lower his dagger, "What do you want?" He asked casually.

"To play a simple game," he said. George's eyes widened when he heard the word game. This man must be referring to a hosted game that can be played by different players when inviting them. However, they couldn't create a game without a worthy price so George could easily accept the offer.

Still, he didn't know what game this was and didn't know if either he or Kassie could handle it. George stared closely at the man, "What type of game?" He asked but the man remained silent for a long time. He looked at his dagger on the floor and held his hands in the air as he retracted it back snatching it.

The man then put his cloak back on and disappeared through the alleyway. George sighed placing his dagger back in his pocket. "Are we going to follow him?" Kassie asked and George kept quiet as he sighed glancing back at Kassie.

George, "Yes. When hosting a game players that will participate can obtain new experiences and items. This can be an opportunity to boost our levels up," he said. However, he didn't say that this could also be an opportunity for him to battle a player and take their ability. He wanted to keep his ability a secret so he wouldn't get targeted that much.

Kassie no longer spoke and started following George who already made a move. They walked through the alleyways passing down small mobs that looked like rats eliminating them. Spiderwebs on the corners were often seen however there weren't any spiders.

The ground was dark covered in dust and rocks. As they kept walking through the alleyway. George noticed that the ground was like a slide going down. Laughter and cries were heard as they went deeper and Kassie got closer to George.