Chapter 75

Blurred voices could be heard when George had woken up from the floor. He opened his eyes almost immediately when his spirit came back to his body. He glanced around the area. He could see that the sky was close to going brighter. A mix of purple, pink, red, orange, blue and yellow painted the sky as a sun rise was about to happen.

He stood up from the grass ground and saw that he was leaning against a tree that was behind a house. He could also see multiple houses beside this house and there was a village in front of those houses. The houses were made out of wood and stones like the ones that could be seen in ancient times in fantasy movies and novels.

He gripped the flashlight that was on his hand. "...Dream?" He felt his heart drop for a second when he realized that he had been separated from everyone. He felt that he was holding a card on his hand and looked at it. A text popped up on the sticker.

⇧ Pull to see ability hint ⇧

George touched the tape and slowly pulled the tape. He placed the tape that he had successfully pulled back in his pocket. 

「 Ability of Target: Always late behind 」

George walked through the village grounds stealthily. It was a little awkward for him since all the villagers here were wearing old clothes made out of wool and cloth. Some were wearing the leaves from the trees also. He thought about his target. "Always a moment behind" he didn't quite understand what the meaning of this sentence.

He wondered if this ability meant that the player was always late behind. George didn't understand it quite well. But he planned on understanding it while looking for his target. However he felt relieved that it wasn't the ability of his team especially Dream. Dream's ability related to strength so this ability didn't fit him quite well.

Kassie's ability was about potions and spells. Bad's ability was related to dark flames. So there was nothing to worry about for him. George guessed that the one who had got his ability will be more confused than he is as his ability was to kill other players and take their abilities. George just had to limit his ability use while killing down monsters and fighting his target.

George caressed the bright neon blue fire tattoo on his neck. It was something that he just realized when he got Piyol. Piyol was able to hide in his tattoo as the tattoo had a different dimension for Piyol. Piyol was immediately summoned on his shoulders.

—Eek!

He felt the warmth of Piyol's tail curved against his neck while the monster was invisible. He confirmed that Piyol was still here and hummed. He was in a village in the middle of a forest. The forest was dark. Fortunately, it wasn't worse than the forest of disasters he travelled a few weeks ago.

"I should start finding my target" he mumbled and placed the card on his pocket. Good thing Piyol heard all of the words that the creepy ghost had said in his dimension so he didn't have to make a sound that was questioning what the brunette was talking about. George climbed up a tree and started to run through the branches while using the 'Losing his presence ability and super speed all together.

He didn't include his invisibility since that ability had a duration unlike his super speed and 'losing his presence' ability that he found useful. George looked down. He couldn't see anyone who was using their abilities. Perhaps, no one would really use their abilities when monsters will would not show up. It was acceptable.

He stopped using his super speed ability when he arrived in a grass field. He looked around the area and could see a woman who was secretly gazing at a man who was looking around the grass field. The man didn't know that the short haired woman was looking at him.