Always and Forever

Odetta never knew sandor before his face was scarred so seeing him as he is, was normal for her. being ten years younger sandor had been dealing with the aftermath of Gregors outburst for two years already when Odetta was born. When sandor was 12 Robert Baratheons rebellions started and he was sent away to fight in the war. There was peace. Quite. Gregor wasn't harassing anyone at the Rock, he was fighting against the Targaryens as well. When sandor got back Odetta was walking. She ran up to him, he was sweaty and gross, covered in mud and blood but he scooped her up hugging her tight.

'you win?' she questioned.

'I wont peanut.' Sandor confirmed, Odie hide her face against sandor though when Gregor came up.

'what no hug for me?' he sneered. Snapping his teeth at her and Odie gripped tight to sandor.

'I got you.' Sandor told her heading inside.

'don't leave again.' Odie pleaded.

'I wont leave again.' Sandor told her pressing a kiss to the top of her head. She was his one friend in the world, and Odetta adored her older brother.

++++++

Looking between the clegane children you would think odetta was their hostage. She wasn't too tall but she was thin and muscled but when she opened her mouth her had the clegane attitude. Her brother's foul mouth and temper to go with it.

'Odie!' Sandor called 'come on.' He marched up to them, at five Odetta was fearless, she was an idiot when it came to her size. She thought herself as big as her brother, but a brave idiot.

'Come at me! I fucking dare you!' Odetta yelled at a charging gregor but Sandor jumped in front of them picking up odetta by the arm pits and carrying her away.

'Odie.' sandor hissed putting her down

'I could take him!' odie said confidently her hands on her hips

'No you couldnt.' Sandor told her, 'look at me.' he demanded holding her face in his hands. She gave him her best pout and he let out a long sigh before pressing a kiss to her forehead. 'Don't provoke gregor.' Sandor told her as she hugged him tight.

'I'm sorry' she mumbled against him.

'Just stay away from him I don't need to come home to that cunt bashing your pretty head in.' sandor told her running a hand through her hair.

'He just makes me so mad.' odie told him

'Me too love,' sandor agreed. 'Come on.'

'Am I ever going to be big and strong like you?' Odie asked as sandor tucked her in, baring the door so Gregor couldn't get in without a commotion.

'Big like me?' Sandor questioned 'I don't think you want that.' He slid in next to her and she stared over at him. They spent most nights like this. Odie would shout at Gregor. Gregor would charge at her, threaten her or actually hurt her and sandor would come and save her. Staying with her all night protecting her.

'The sword you gave me wont hurt Gregor.' Odie informed him

'You cant lift a sword like mine.' Sandor reminded her.

'No. I suppose not...' she agreed 'But gregor said he would snap my sword like a twig!' Odie declared, sandor chuckled, picking up her arm and giving it a shake.

'your arms are like twigs peanut.' Sandor told her.

'I'm strong.' Odie told him.

'I will get you a new sword then,' sandor told her running his fingers through her hair.

'I don't want a new one I want to skewer Gregor with this one. The one you gave me.' Odie told him

'Oh sweetie.' sandor said with a chuckle. 'One of these days im going to kill him for the both of us. Dont you worry about that.'

'You promise?'

'I promise.' Sandor told her

'But you cant die.' Odie told him.

'Not planning on it.' Sandor told her

'Because I need you.' Odie reminded him

'You wont need me forever.' Sandor remarked. His baby sister would grow up, marry someone handsome and that treated her like a queen, she would forget all about her brother.

'Yes I will.' Odie told him confidently. 'I'm always going to need you sandor. Always.'

'Always and forever.' Sandor echoed. It became their new i love you.

'Always and forever.' odie repeated.