Chapter 90:- Not a Forever Goodbye

-~*~-

~The Next Day: Apartment: 8:23 P.M.

Yanyi is sitting on her bed with a new bandage around her abdomen. Lixian had just finished changing her cover and is packing back the medical kit. As of now, this house will have several medical kits. That is a must as per Lixian's own words.

She headed to the living room where they'd be having dinner together. Since Yanyi is unfit to cook and Irene's cooking is not edible, they settle for takeout and it had just arrived at their front gate just 15 minutes ago. "Jie, you really don't want to tell papa about this?" The second child asks, concern in his voice.

Yanyi shakes her head and proceeds to explain her action. "Father has changed for the better. If it were the previous him, even if you tell him it would make no difference. But now, the world has turned upside down. Just look at how much effort he takes to bring me back. I know that he has no ill intention but I can tell that once I go back, I won't be able to go out easily anymore."

"He's turned from a strict, relentless father to a protective and loving one. If he knew that all five of us had an attack on us, he would by no means restrict our movements."

"But hiding it longer will make it worse, right?"

"Yes, and I will handle it when I return back to Ashrin. But for now, Lixian." She turns the boy to face her with a loving smile on her face. Her eyes filled with determination. "Out of everyone, even comparing you to Qixiao, you have the most rational thinking. And please, please, please. Protect our family. If there's ever an unforeseen threat that you think is approaching, inform me immediately, okay?" He nodded with a warm smile.

Just the mere height differences are adorable. Lixian and Qixiao are much taller than Yanyi but she still treats them as if they're children. She rubs his head like praise and they continue to enter the living room. The delicious smell of the newly cooked broth paired with savoury golden threads is filling their nostrils.

If Yanyi remembered correctly, they didn't order any noodles from their takeout. Only light meals fill in their belly. "Wow! Luyao gege is so good at cooking! Just like JieJie!" A young cheery voice filled her ears and brings out a gentle smile across her face.

On the other hand, Lixian's face is that of incredibly unbelievable revelation. These terms are only given to call out their family according to their ancestor. And the young one has used it on someone who's, mind you, not even blood related to them! When he found Qixiao he made the face of, 'Don't try to inquire about it...'. Even he has given up.

The other 10-year-old boy is helping Irene and Kazu set up the table and saw her from the moment she entered. "Jie!" He shouts as he waves his arms with full delight. It was quickly smacked down by Irene as he was still holding onto a few porcelain plates and bowls that has yet to be placed down.

"Jie! Did you know that Luyao gege knows how to cook? The smell is so delicious like yours!"

"Yes, I do know actually. What? Are you comparing my amazing meals to his?"

"Nope! I miss your dishes the most. I want to try your homemade dumplings again!"

"I'll make you a few on later days, okay? As a reward for you helping me out and discovering something so early in your age."

"Can I have some?!"

"Everyone can have one. But you two got special treatment." She creases and pinches their fluffy cheeks into a smile. "Before you treat others, treat yourself first. You barely recovered and dared to touch the stove this early. I'll smack your head if you dare come with bandages still around your abdomen." She got scolded by the chef in the kitchen.