Chapter 9:- Dangers ahead

-~*~-

Taking a glance through the contents of the box she read the letter that was directed towards her from him. It wrote...

'Dear Yanyi,

I am hoping that you and Irene can withstand the hardship that you face on your own. I'm not sure why you still think that running away was the best idea but it is on you so I don't care.

If you're wondering about the current condition of your family's household, then let me just sum it up. A big ruckus is yet continued. Your father has already assumed your whereabouts. I'm afraid that you will face massive obstacles from this point on.

About your brother's wellbeing. They would seem to be upset after you've left the capital, but they seem a bit optimistic after knowing that you're fine. Also, keep on reporting the current situation in Kinsel. I can't help but feel like something horrible is in action.

Truthfully,
Your Highness,
Devlior Kamelia Volparine.

P.S: You should've invited me and Luciel to join you. You selfish brat!'

Irritated by the last sentence, Yanyi almost tore the letter into shreds. Thinking inside.. 'You are the crown prince of Volparine! If you suddenly went missing, my head would be on the chopping block! You masochist prince!' Taking a few breaths in, her heart rate drop to normal.

"You go to the post office?" Irene's voice almost made Yanyi fall out of her chair. One after another, they keep on making her heart go fast. "Next time, knock before you come in! You almost killed me." Exaggerating with her words Irene plopped down onto an armchair. "Don't be dramatic. You're 20 years old. Your way too young to die of a heart attack."

"You finished publishing your news thingy?" Changing the question, she tries to avoid Irene from looking at the box. Irene may seem innocent, but she has been with Yanyi ever since they were in the womb. "Don't try to change the subject. You're just trying to get me away from the box that Dev send."

Walking closer to the study table, Irene snatches the letter from Yanyi's hand. "Wow~. He seems to be biased towards you. He only writes a letter to you and none for me!" Before she could even continue her rambling, a piece of paper with purple edges was in front of her. "You're reading my letter, this is yours. Besides he gave me something to use that won't be very beneficial to you."

"What is it?" A pout plastered on her face. "Do you even know how to use a linking Signia?" An eyebrow raised she looked at Irene who is in utter confusion. "Well, I can learn how to use it!" Feeling a bit left out she defends her point. "It took me 4 years to create enough mana to use Signia and it even takes me 5 years to master and create a linking Signia. Are you up for it?" She stayed silent.

Her physical isn't completely different from Yanyi's but because of the influence of her family members, she never experiences it. Yanyi started training when she was 3 years old. A toddler! Irene, well she wanted to train together with Yanyi, but her brothers wouldn't let her saying that 'We would always be there to protect you so there is no need for you to train'.

"*sigh* Sometimes I regret having three protective older brothers." With a frown on her face, she pranced back on the armchair. Looking back into the box, a few small black key-like object with perfectly cut White Sapphire, Ocean Azure, Flare Amber and Nura Emerald set at the bottom. This key is what people called 'Signia'. It is a weapon that has been embedded with magic attributes by placing and infusing the weapon with specific gems.

Taking the Signias out of the box, she places them inside a small bag. She then locked the bag inside of her bedside table drawer. "Well, that is done. After you finished reading burn the paper and the box. Can't have any evidence that we are related to his highness now, can we?" Yanyi walked out of the room, leaving Irene inside who hasn't finished her letter yet.

She makes an 'Okay' with her fingers, indicating that she would get it done after she had finished reading.

-~*~-

At Marquess Ryuichi's household, Luyao, Kazu, Marquess and the Marchioness are having an evening tea. "So she's the missing young marquess from the Xue Household. To think that she was so bold to do such a thing." Luyao has notified all of them about Yanyi's origin. He was confused at first as to why Marquess Ryuichi would say such a thing.

Noticing the face that appears on Luyao's face, Marchioness Vaiden explained. "Lulu, have you ever heard that there were two households in our empire that often would get into fights?" He nodded, "I thought it would be any other houses." Vaiden and Toharu, who is the Marchioness and Marquess respectively looked at each other with a happy face.

"Well, the houses that often gets into fights are the Xue's and us, the Ryuichi's." He was jaw dropped to the couch. He never expected that house Ryuichi, the calmest house that he ever heard and known would get into fights. Kazu notice and reply. "Our house respect free will and speech for oneself. But, the Xue's are different. They would be obliged to their ancestor's way and hardly ever listen to anyone's opinions except for those that have a higher or same status as them."

Luyao collecting everything in his head, understanding every point that has been discussed. But then, a question popped into his mind. "Sir Toharu, are you going to send Yanyi back to her parents?" The looks on his face show nothing for most of it. But there is a tinge of worry in it. "She was the one who chooses to run away. She picks her freedom instead of the family's tradition. I will try my best to have her stay here." This response calm Luyao down a bit.

But then, he added. "But, according to the rumours, Kenji must have known where is Yanyi's whereabouts. At this point on, her whole journey would be filled with danger." Worry fills in his eyes yet again. Kazu looked at Luyao in a bit of disbelieve. He had never shown such complexion before. But when it was about Yanyi, every type of emotions that he didn't express, came to light.

"Lulu, you need to try your best and protect her. With her current state of being hunted down, I don't think she could handle it herself even if she is a strong will girl." Marchioness advises him, putting a responsibility on him that he would have never thought of. He nodded and stood up, "If you would pardon me, Marquess, Marchioness. I have some other pressing matters to attend to, and someone to take care of." A smile that is filled with the determination shown on his face.

he walked out of the house and went straight towards the police station. Meanwhile, Kazu and his parents stayed silent for a while before continuing. "Kazu, be careful when you were with them. She has a connection to the royal lineage." Marchioness Vaiden advice as she expresses a bit of sorrow and worries. Kazu shows a small comforting smile saying, "It's okay mother, father. I won't do anything to tarnish our name up to the royals proficiency."

" You better be. If you do, don't ever think of going outside to play anymore. Not until you have finished your Marquess training." His father warned him. He may seem a bit of a Playboy and easy-going, but whenever it was about his father. He is so at the bottom. "Darling! Don't threaten Zuzu like that!" Being a mother is like having six senses. A sense when you would feel like your children is in danger. She scolded her husband.

After a cup of relaxing and delicious tea, Kazu went out. Only left the two nobles to enjoy their day once again. "Darling, are you going to negotiate with Kenji?" Vaiden asks, worried about her husband and the outcome that would happen if it didn't go according to plan. "I'll try. She came here to be free from the cage, not being taken away again and lock again." He reassured his wife and pat her shoulders gently, soothing her.

What lies ahead is something that no one can predict for obstacles and traps can be placed anywhere and anytime. Cautious is the thing that is needed to survive a world full of predators. This world is different from our world. This is Quinta, a world where everyone has their own set of goal and there is nothing even a god can stop them.

-~*~-