Chapter 20:- Situation From Afar

-~*~-

After returning to their home base, Yanyi immediately locks herself in her bedroom. "Will she be okay?" Luyao's concern as he never did for anyone aside from the marquess's family. Kazu wanted to tease him, but right is not the time. When someone threatens to harm your family for something you've never done before, it'll put you in the same water as Yanyi. Isolated from anyones' view, frustrated for not being prepared, and to add to the flame, worries of a storm that'll ravage your household.

"Let's not worry about her. Yanyi won't repeat her own mistakes twice. She made her decision of running away. Therefore, she can no longer go back." 'Not until it's finished, that is.' She thought the last phrase to herself. After lodging for 20 minutes, the sound of door creaks came from across the hallway. Stepping into the living room, she saw the three of them at the dining table. Noticing the light blue hair figure, Irene drags Yanyi over to play with them.

"Poker?" They all nodded in agreement. Taking back all the cards, she shuffles the decks and hands them out. "Yiyi, you're not in a bad mood, are you?" She gave her a reassuring smile, shaking her head. "It's clear to me the moment I went on board with you. Once I go in this direction, there's no going back. I have some conflict with my father, but I would never let anything happen to those that have worked for us for years. Sure, I'll go back into their arms, but now is not the time. Besides, I have agreed to join the police department as a detective. I won't abandon my duties."

Relaxation is like chemicals that run through their body. Condolence words came from the damsel herself. And with the thoughts away, they continue their games of poker.

-~*~-

As the sun rose from the south of the Yocuria, a familiar bluebird perch on Yanyi's finger, feeding onto the seeds provided by the owner. Stroking the bird's feather gently, she starts to converse with it. "Willow, how am I supposed to protect my loved ones when I distant myself from them?" Willow let out a few chirps like it has answered Yanyi's worries. Willow is no ordinary bird. It would distance itself from everyone else aside from Yanyi and Devlior because it's a soul creature.

Soul creatures are creatures created by combining two manas'. Those who have a close relation to the owners can scout them. However, they ought not to interact with them under any circumstances. Owners and soul creatures can understand each other, but even they have their limits. They are not humans but animals. Hence, it can only reply with few words.

"Wouldn't it be suspicious if I tell Dev to keep a close eye on the house?" Pondering for a while, yet nothing came out of its beak. A giggle escapes her lips, amuse about Willow's behaviour. "Are you full?" In excitement, it chirps. Yanyi brought Willow onto a bedside table where she'd prepared a small soft pillow for Willow to rest. "Let that food go down first. Rest as much as you need, little guy." Kneading its head against Yanyi's finger to show affections.

Leaving Willow for her table, she begins to dispatch her memo. Pen glide across the papers, she gave him the accords of everything regarding the case. She mentions how their biology Professor, Mr Ouwil was the victim. Nearing the end, she ponders for a while. Would it be selfish of her to ask him for a favour? Would it be too much for the task of keeping her family from harm away? At last, she entrusts the responsibility to him. 

Folding the letter into a small cylinder, she awoke the now energetic bird from its slumber. Wrapping it around Willow's neck, she gave it a small peck and letting it fly free. Hopefully, the situation that is bound to land Ashrin won't be a hassle to handle. Empty gaze into the twilight sky, she ponders to herself. How long will she be able to hide? How will her father force her to return to their abode? And the most concerning to her. How will this world's story end? It is no use thinking about it now. Time is always ticking. One second away from their doom, every single tick she hears.