Chapter 7:- See The Secret

-~*~-

Slowly as time passes by, only the four of them were left at the stage. Sure the case is now closed, but mixed feelings can fill someone's heart even if they are innocent. But 'they did the crime they pay the time', that is what we follow through our life. Those who did something even the right thing will be paid with something.

"The case is closed now... Do you guys want to grab some dinner? It could be our victory gifts." All three of them looked at Kazu with eyes telling, 'are you kidding. "I'll pass. I have something to do, so you guys can go ahead." Kazu's eyes are now towards Luyao, "I have some business to discuss with Yanyi. Both of you can go enjoy yourself." They both left the two alone as both of them looked at the Inspector and the Detective weirdly.

"Are they dating or something?" Irene's mouth open with a weird question. "They just know each other two days ago, there is no way they are dating this quickly." Kazu continues to stare in the direction of them both. A questionable look still plastered on their faces.

"Well both of them have some business to do. Want to go to the arcade?" Kazu commission Irene as he point towards the direction with his thumbs. "Sure!" She agreed. And now all of them went their ways. The first two have something to talk about while the other is having fun.

-~*~-

At Mischet restaurant, two distinguished guests were sitting at the far back of the restaurant. They don't want to attract any attention towards them, especially since one of them is the infamous Inspector Chen.

As a waiter put down their dishes, no one touches their dishes. Yanyi was playing with her drinks while Luyao was staring at her, indicating for her to start the conversation. "You're not gonna talk?" His patient has reached its limit, "Well, what do you want to know? I am waiting for you to ask me." Yanyi responded nonchalantly.

"If our talk begins at the time that you were born, it would take more than a whole night to finished. Just tell me what is your family background." Yanyi looked at him, perplexed. "You seriously can guess what status I am from? No wonder you need someone to help you solve the case." Adding some salt to her word as she roasted Luyao.

"Well, let's just say that Kazu and I have the same status." This surprised Luyao. If he were to guess that Yanyi we're from a prominent family, he wouldn't think of a Marquess family. "Your face told me that you don't believe what I just said." Luyao was brought back to reality and responded hastily. "Well, I wouldn't think that you're from a Marquess family."

Silence is like the dishes that they are eating right now. No one touched the food and or even talk. "But what makes you want to run away?" Luyao asks without even giving Yanyi a chance to take a sip out of her cocktail. Yanyi looked at him solemnly, "It wouldn't be fair for me to tell you about my family when you didn't tell me about yours, right?"

"You want to make a deal." Luyao guesses, and there was a small smile plastered on Yanyi's face as she looked down at her drinks. "If I tell you about why I ran away, I want you to tell me about your family. Deal?" She reached out her hand, waiting for it to receive something. Contemplating for a minute, Luyao gave in and send out his hand, shaking Yanyi's. "Deal."

She takes a sip from her drinks and let everything down on the table. "Whenever you heard the noble have a daughter, do you think that they will take over or no?" He proceeds to shake his head, technically each household would give their hierarchy towards the firstborn son. "Tch, you think like a normal people. True, that a firstborn son is what every noble wanted. But in my family, equality is what we stand for."

"I have a twin younger brother, knowing that it won't be fair if one of them an inheritance of the household the responsibility was pushed towards me. I was trained to take over since I was 3 years old." The mood on her face shows sorrow and fury.

"That early! Kazu didn't start his training until he was 6." Yanyi looked at Luyao with a small despair smile. "Well, it's the first time that a girl was made the house owner in my family history. I wouldn't be so shocked if they made more body breaking training." She finally touches her meals and swallows a port down her throat. The table has no noise except their eating. "Something happened when I was 10 which leads me to rebel against my father. Every time he forced me to do harsh training I would either ran away or storm into his office and start an argument."

"Two months ago I finally broke face and ran away, following Irene to Kinsel and try to find a job that I want. Which is by now, a detective." Luyao kept his silence intact. He didn't know how to respond when he heard all of this. He thought that she was a bratty kid that demands what she wanted. But that wasn't the case. "Now, I have told you my part. So please enlighten me with yours, Inspector Chen." The smile that was filled with fury is now gone like it has been buried deep under her heart.

Luyao proceeds to space out, eating his whole meal. Yanyi who is getting out of patience even knock on her plate which is by now empty. Luyao stopped her intolerance manner before it attracts anyone else. "You better tell me about yours now or I'll make it louder that even the whole Kinsel can hear." She may not be a bratty kid but she does have bad manners.

"I'm... not from this country technically." Tilting her head to the side, she spoke. "Where are you from exactly?" Luyao proceeds with his story. "There was a small village South of Kinsel in the Anderil Kingdom. 18 years ago, there was a huge war between Volparine and Anderil and that village was destroyed because of the constant bombing of the war." He played around on the rim of his glass.

"Everyone died there, everyone except me." No one speaks it letting their mouth open. Heck, their body was set like a stone structure. "As for winning the war, Volparine has gained more territories and that small village was supposed to be one of them. I truly owe the Marquess my life for him and his family is the one that has saved me from my disaster. And starting that time I lived with the Marquess. They even thought of adopting me, but I refuse."

Before Yanyi can even open her mouth to say something, Luyao interrupts. "If you're going to asks 'Do I remember the face of my parents'. No. I don't. What I know is that they have left me there alone." No one in their right mind would make fun of these two stories. The first was about training abused while the other is about the survival of the fittest type of thing.

"Well, we may not have the same stories. But we do have one thing in common." He looked up towards her eyes which is shimmering like the moon as her hair is silk-like, the colour of the blue sky. "We are two messed up people. Am I right or Am I right?" She joked with a happy smile.

Even after some brutal stuff and gore view, they both are still standing and they will continue standing even if it was alone. For the justice in Kinsel can never be achieved if they are not here, working together. If Kinsel feels perhaps even the whole Volparine Empire would fall to the ground, being seized by those who are greedy for power and fame.

They both pay their bills and walked towards Miltnan street where they guess that Kazu is still there, playing or trolling the poor Irene.

-~*~-

A/N: Hello there it is so nice that I have finished their conversations and the case is also done. Finished the first arc and many more to go.

After this chapter, I will release a two chill chapter where our characters just play around and have fun.

It not cool to just jump straight to the action isn't it. Okay then Small notes done

Bye.