Chapter 34:- Catching Up

-~*~-

The only people left in the room are the Dukes and Marquesses, His Highness, His Majesty, and of course, Yanyi. Devlior tells them that Yanyi has something to discuss with them. Which also combine with them asking her questions in return.

"Well, I have some proposal to do here." They gather their ears up and continue to listen in. "With Count Verlion in Vileda Prison, what do My Lords think would happen soon?"

"There are many outcomes across these boundaries that we have taken. But, all of these consequences have one thing in common. Our relationship with them would affect the way people view our Empire." Duke Relianor said. Viewing it from the way other people sees it. It's typical for him as they tend to think outside of the box. That is why Volparine is still standing while maintaining a great image.

"Aside from that, the obvious one would be the relationship, of course. The relation we build 20 years ago can vanishes in a blink of an eye." Said Marquess Phenorr. His family is known to deal with the democratic associate. Building alliance and trust would benefit each side. With one down, it would be the downfall of one kingdom.

"We need to put into consideration that war can break at any given point and time. With an ambitious king, they could declare war on us given the chances." Duke Yoo said in a stone face. 'Demon of Victory' is what people call him. His family specialize in military forces around the Empire. 

"Not just that, the economics of our Empire would greatly be affected. With relation server, the Empire's image shattered and a cycle of war in our hands, citizens would by no chance be at peace. The accommodation that we used 20 years ago could not hold our population." Marquess Ryuichi said. Even in a calm voice, his eyes show worry. 

They are far from safe. "The main problems would be relation and image first. If we can avoid these two, we have no trouble worrying about the rest." Marquess Xue speaks up after being silent for so long. 

For her to hear this cold voice is odd. She had stop force training and had been arguing with him for the past ten years. She wonders how her mother got married to her father. But, that is a discussion for another time.

"What do you think the solution would be, Lady Yanyi." Marquess Xue said so as his eyes darted towards the light-com. Yanyi almost flinches at her father sudden words.

"Well, I have been thinking for a while and thought that we might as well turn the arrow at the other side." They look at her in confusion. But, they were glad to hear that she had some suggestions in hand.

"Currently, there're two most likely possibilities to occur. One is where Anderil does claim Count Verlion as their people and demands for him returned. To counter this, we could spread the news of his deeds throughout the whole of Yucoria. With people looking down on them, their images will slowly fall. Not to mention, there could be a possible war against them as they had stood for a wrongdoer."

"Second possibilities are them not claiming him as their own. At this time, we had already won from the start. We should decide his punishment ourselves. However, we need to ask for permission from Anderil to perform it. We could push them to give up on protecting him by issuing the deeds and providing a copy of the documents. If they ask for the original, we can say that we can't risk losing during transportation."

Their eyes are wide in shock and amazement. Who would've thought that the young Marquess had thought of the solution of the possible outcomes? They all gave a big round of applause. "I wouldn't have thought that young Marquess Xue had come up with a counteractive plan. Brilliant if I say so myself." Marquess Phenorr honours her ideas. 

"A young girl from the house Xue. When I first hear that you're going to take over as heir, I can't believe my ears. But seeing you now, your father didn't make the wrong choice." A grin on Duke Relianor's face. It could be menacing, but that's just the way he is.