Chapter 57:- Inside Approval?

-~*~-

~The Apartment: Courtyard~

Clang! Clash! Cling!

Sword clashing with kunai, making these loud and almost ear-piercing sounds. It was the second day Irene spent time at the Ryuichi estate because of her project with Kazu. That also means it's the second day of Luyao's stay here in the apartment.

And I speak it on behalf of Yanyi. To her, it's fun having him around. Not to mention, if there's ever a time where she's busy with her problem, he's there to take care of Eker. 

Of course, he will need to go to the station once in a while. She sometimes needs to go as well. But, he will come back minutes after finishing his work. Even police officers started to see these weird patterns from him.

Usually, their chief would stay back as long as he can to finish the unfinished or future work. But, since the day after he returns from his leave, he started to go back quite early if he can. 

It even comes to a point the officers start to secretly observe and ask not so obvious questions to their boss. Where did he go after work? What did he do to fill time at home? So on and so forth. It almost becomes a routine for them to ask it before he clocks out.

Yes, they knew his clock out time. They're human too. They spread gossip among their peers of course. Here are the results of their question from yesterday.

"I have someone I have to take care of."

"Someone I care about is in a dilemma."

"I can't let them win, of course."

They are what people called busybodies. They can't even shut their mind about something that wasn't even related to any of them. Anyway, ~~ back to our duel.

Yanyi was thrown off from her spot after nearly being hit by a sharp blade. When wanting to go back on the ground, her neck was held against the end of a sword. Standing in front of her is the owner, Luyao.

"Fine, you win." She lock her Signia and Luyao did the same before pulling her back up. This is basically their daily routine from now on. When they meet each other, they opt for a duel to start the morning.

Not only will it enhance their fighting skills and learn the mistakes of their previous battle. It's also much more fun than running laps around the city. And Yanyi isn't the type to go out and converse with everyone she met. In conclusion, this is a better option for her.

"That's two for two. You ought to catch up, my lady."

"Don't be so pompous, inspector Zheng. One day I'll beat the crap out of you."

"Oh yeah? I can wait for that day to come." The girl pouted in annoyance and saw the little boy who's been in a fever for a few days holds in his laugh. He sits on the balcony, overseeing their duel while learning more about their fighting style.

One day, he needs to create one that fits his skills. And having two different teachers which excel in different techniques can be considered a blessing. Even Yanyi have her family's style to work out of. 

"You're laughing for what, buddy? You're looking down on us, right?"

"No, no! Why would I look down on brother Luyao and sister."

"You're lucky that you're still a patient. If this new wielder is fine and dandy, I will drag you to the training ground long ago."

"Blegh!" He stuck out his tongue to Luyao, not really pleased with his punishment. He knew it was all jokes and laugh so he won't take it to heart.