Chapter 42:- Deadly Calculation

-~*~-

~Streets of Kinsel~

Munch!

Kazu is enjoying his snacks while accompanying Irene around the street. They have been walking around the area for almost two hours, and their legs have started to give up. "Instead of eating, can you please search the alleyways as well. I don't have eyes behind my back, dumbass."

"Phine, phine." (Fine, fine)

"Where is this place exactly. Every alleyway that we see is the same one. How are we supposed to find the right one."

"Why don't we enter one of them and traverse from there. If we go deep enough, we might find something."

"Perfect idea, however, it sounds dangerous and stupid. I'm not risking my life in some unknown wild goose chase."She complains while observing the alleyways, specifically the dark eary ones. 

He's not paying attention to her and went away to a random alleyway. "Kazu! Where are you going?!" Displease and annoyed with his behaviour, Irene had no choice but to follow him. Rather than displease, she's afraid of being left alone. Especially when investigating some shady activities.

The deeper they went, the more obscure the area is. Soon enough, they reach what could be described as a slum. Laying everywhere are individuals in tattered clothing. Their faces look like they are in heaven and experiencing some good memories.  

"This is not good," Kazu whispers in a low quiet tone. Irene has been sticking to him like glue ever since they first enter the sketchy area. She notices Kazu frowning eyebrows and the level of uneasiness driving like crazy.

Out of nowhere, Irene's hands was grabbed by a man. The man can be classified as a drug addict. How? From the syringe, bottles and not to mention the empty packets in his hand. "Hehehe...Miss, you're so pretty..."

Irene tries her best to escape his grips, but for a person who's a drug addict, he's way stronger than what the eyes can describe. "Let go of me!" After saying this sentence, a hand grab the man's arm and simply twist it backwards.

"Ahhhhh!" He screams. Kazu's eyes hold daggers as he relentlessly twists the man's arm. "If you dare to even lay a finger on her, your head will be next." Because of the pain and intensity of the situation, the man surrender to him. 

Letting go of his arm, Kazu snatch Irene by her wrist. When she was about to complain, he cuts off with, "If you want to be safe here, then follow my lead." Irene sealed her lips as she saw the disturbed expression on Kazu's face. 

From afar, they can see small buildings of a housing area. There's crops, water, and small building as accommodation. Since Venium is a type of plant, they went to the crops area first. 

"Venium. So they did receive some of their seeds."

"Take a bunch of pictures of this place. It'll help us in the long run." He said as he strode towards the large garbage bin. As expected of a place like this, it was poorly kept. Garbage spewing everywhere. Most of them are packets of Venium seeds, just like the picture from the weekly newspaper.

Bringing out his gloves, kazu proceeds to take one of the packets and store it inside a ziplock bag. From the side of his head, he could faintly see the small silhouette of children. Peeking from the side of a building, they cower when Kazu's eyes meet them.

'Even in a place like this children are still not treated properly.'

"Kazu!" His thoughts are replaced with Irene's yelling. "I'm done. Did you find the sample packets?" Holding the ziplock bag, he pointed towards the garbage bin. Irene didn't waste any time escaping the area and grabbed him to go outside.