Chapter 43:- Pieces In Place

-~*~-

~Ryuichi's Estate~

The clock in the car shows that the time has struck 5 in the evening, which is the idle time for Yanyi to pick up Eker. Generally. When they entered the Estate, they went directly towards the training ground.

Arriving there, they found that neither Luyao nor Eker is insight. 'Have they finished their training already? It's quite early though.' She thought to herself. Like a worried mother of an animal, the next thing she did is shout Eker's name.

"Eker! Eker, it's us!"

Far inside the blossom garden, the Light Gray youngster heard the calling of his sister. His gold iris lit up in excitement. He's been sitting under the giant cherry blossom tree, playing with a stray cat that somehow manages to get itself inside.

Conveniently, Luyao is sitting right by his side, accompanying him for his sister arrival. Much like Eker, he also heard the crystal clear call. "Let's meet them." Like a happy puppy, he nodded and ran directly towards the location of the call.

"Big Sis!" His little legs ran like he's been reunited with a lost family member. Seeing him, Yanyi spends no time thinking and open her arms wide open. Instinct kicks in, and Eker launch himself into her embrace.

"How was your training? You end it earlier than usual."

"His training is going well, I believe that his lock will be open in the next two days."

"Then I get to use a Signia, right?!"

Booping his nose, she frowns slightly at his statement. "Your excitement is admirable, however, before you can even use a Signia, we need to determine what elements you'll Master."

"Judging by your sister's connection, she'll be able to get you your own personal Signia, right."

"A Signia for now. Linking Signia is far beyond your current capabilities."

"He can wait. With his progress speed, he'll get one in three to four years from now."

"Yay!" He said excitedly while jumping around. Eker went back inside to pack his stuff and say goodbye to the Marchioness. Marquess Ryuichi has something to attend to, hence his absence. Kazu went to accompany Irene in taking another old newspaper from the bunker.

"The weekly newspaper," Luyao exited the awkward atmosphere with a work-related topic, a classic of him. Yanyi gave her the side eyebrows raise. "I thought that you're not allowed to work until another case is done. What, excited to get back to work after this one has been solved?"

"Stop messing around." He's not having any fun with her at all. From the normal-looking boss to a furious, hot-headed on leave Inspector. Who would've thought that one leave can change someone?

"*sigh* Everything is under control. We recently got the help of Countess Corla Smit and her nephew to help research the amount of Venium per packet. After that, we'll trace all involve companies and see their records. We'll narrow it down from there."

"Heh, things still go as smoothly as before. Even in my leave." His last sentence was barely audible. Yanyi may not have sharp ears like Irene, but she can hear what Luyao is saying. 

"Not really."

"What do you mean?"

"You says that things are going smoothly even in your leave, but not entirely. I gotta say, being the head chief of a police department is quite the challenge. You see it smoothly because you're only seeing it from conducting a case, not the overall state of the station."