Chapter 67:- Young Suspicion

-~*~-

Since they rushed out of the manor hurriedly and taking care of the situation takes a lot of time, they went straight back to the agenda at hand. Before going to the house, they paid a visit to the clothes to store nearby the police station.

They've been told by the one who's been tasked with searching for more information about the sock fabric they'd found that a local fabric expert lives near the police station road. He conveyed to them that the result will be up at dawn. What do you know, the dawn he spoke of happened to be today.

The bell above the door chimed in a gentle tone when it was pushed open by the wooden frame. "Welcome to Pinknit! How can I help you?" The young girl at the counter greeted them with a warm smile.

"Ah, we're here to talk to your boss about something. A grey piece of fabric if I'm not mistaken." Upon hearing the word 'grey piece', the girl becomes alerted and her facial expression change for a slight moment only to be replaced back with the previous smile.

"Please follow me to the back area, sir, ma'am." Lifting the curtains she took Irene and Kazu upstairs to the second floor. There, few doors were left open, revealing all the various machine uses for sewing and knitting clothes.

Only one particular door was left closed. All the way down the corridor, the dark oak slab shows no room for light to pass through. Walking down the hall, they take a quick glance inside each room before reaching the end.

Knock! Knock! Knock Knock!

She only knocks without a single greeting. Soon, the door was unlocked by a woman in a rather skimpy black dress with a fluffy white coat hanging around her shoulder blade. Her eyes look carefully between the crack she created and she let out a gasp of delight when her pupils averted to the two guests.

Quickly opening the door, she invited them inside. Her voice sound hoarse as if it was a male. "Young Marquess Ryuichi, Lady Irene! Oh my! It's such a pleasure to have you two here! Come in, come in!" 

"Mariany prepared some black bean coffee for our pristine guest. Bring in the finest, freshes one, kay!"

"Yes, Lady Josephine."

"Uh, there's no need Lady Josephine. We're here for business regarding something simple, there's no need to show us courtesy."

"Is that a way to indulge me to bring in a snack for you, m'lady? It's not nice to decline a lady's offer you know? I'm sure you'd understand this better than me."

Irene can only nod weakly, taking her handbag and placing it down beside her. After Mariany came back with the coffee, she went back downstairs. Of course, make sure that the door is tightly shut and no sound can penetrate through the wall.

Kazu takes a sip of the black bean coffee and places it down on its plate before moving to the topic. "So, Lady Josephine, if it's not a rush to you, how's the investigation on the sock fabric going?"

She took out detailed information and scale of the possible size of the sock. "Young Marquess, you know that I'm an expert in this area of service. But, I've got something to tell you, even I have a hard time searching up this exact one."

"Is it the type of fabric or the size?" Irene inquire, quite curious to know which part of it she had a struggle with.

"Ai ai! No no! Not those. Those are very simple to look up to. It's like the back of my own hands. The problem is... the brand itself."

"The brand has been half burnt. It's not easy to look it up even I can guess that."

"Not that Young Marquess. I, the most talented designer in Kinsel knew every clothing brand in this state. But, this particular one is not even in this area." Kazu halt his reading and his eyes lifted slowly from the paper.