Chapter 37:- Storm Behind Joy

-~*~-

~The Ryuichi's Estate: Dining Room~

Various wonderful delicacies decorated the table. Cemomirating the victories for Volparine. Maids, butlers, workers, guards are all celebrating in their way. Of course, this didn't exclude Yanyi and the rest.

"Cheers!" They all shout together. Glass of wine clanging in the middle. Talking and laughing with all the joy surrounding them. The news has spread throughout the whole Empire. Within hours, the newspaper of our victory spread and sold like wildfire.

"Ah~ Good wine for victory, such the celebration, isn't it?" Kazu nudged Luyao's shoulder. After drinking his wine, he keeps on staring into space. What's he's wondering, one could never guess. But, once awhile, his eyes would dart towards the other side of the table.

Yanyi is happily talking with Vaiden while also fulfilling Eker's dishes and drinks. "Luyao's my boss. I can't have any romantic relationship with him. It is weird." The sentences from this evening linger in his head.

'Maybe I was wrong.' Blaming himself would do no tricks as he would only damage himself. He was brought back to reality when Eker called out his name. "Is brother okay? You're face don't look as handsome as before."

"Nah, I'm fine. Just works been heavy lately."

"You know that you can share some of it with me, right. We're colleagues for a reason."

"No thanks. It'd be troublesome for you. I'll be able to handle it on my own."

"Luyao." Vaiden's voice sounded worried and angry at the same time. Her scolding won't do much to him. Hence, she turns to the person who had brought him here in the first place. Marquess Toharu Ryuichi.

Sighing deeply, he advises. "Luyao, it's not good for you to bear everything on your own. You're not a robot. You're human. Taking care of oneself is the utmost priority for us."

"Do you want to collapse on the desk like you did last time?" Yanyi's words brought attention to the two Ryuichi couple. From Luyao's eyes movement, he expects this kept a secret. But, Yanyi is not that type of person. Once the matter concerns one self-care, then she won't keep her mouth shut.

"Luyao. *Ahem* From now on, I forbid you to only carry the burden of the department on your own."

"But, Uncle Ryu-!"

"That is an order!" Not a word escapes his mouth. He wouldn't dare talk back from Toharu. "Luyao, Yanyi is there to carry your work as well. With her being the Young Lady of Xue, it'd be easier if you share it with her." His head hangs low, eyes avoiding others stares. He didn't want to admit it nor reject it.

"It's okay, Aunt Vaiden, Uncle Ryu. How about this. In the next case, Luyao is not allowed to work on any sort of it. That way, he'll get the much-needed rest, and I can show him my capabilities to cure his worries. Killing two birds with one stone, right."

No objection from any side. It decided then and there. Luyao forbids taking part in the next upcoming case that would flood Kinsel. "If brother Luyao didn't feel great about lazying around, he can help to teach me how to manifest mana."

"Did Yiyi give her permission?" Irene's question replied with a firm nod. Eker then explains how Yanyi explains the mana matter to him during the evening. "Big sis then said that I'm allowed to fight and use Signia. But first, I need to learn how to open and manifest my mana lock."

"Are you up for it, Luyao?" Yanyi is eyeing him. She's not worried about him rejecting it. She can find uncle Jerad if she has no time to teach him. His gaze emerges from under the table and gives a firm nod. 'Maybe not now. It'd be too sudden. I'll wait for her.'