Chapter 70:- Grey in Between

-~*~-

~Prison Groud: Punisment Site~

A lot of people are present. From normal everyday warden all the way to those warriors who brought up the culprit. They've only managed to catch the 'suspect' yesterday and were in a hurry to finish everything.

They really have no sense of patience, do they?

Apparently, they didn't bother rechecking back their data and proceeded with the execution on the spot. Dude! The man didn't even have time to say his will yet, can't you wait?!

Since the execution will be held at the prison ground, naturally children are not allowed to be there. Even if they're allowed, Yanyi won't bring in his little brother. Hence, that is why he was left back at home with Jerad acting as the babysitter.

Less money to spend searching for one, right?

Yanyi, Luyao and Cinth stand on the side of the field, watching the preparation for the execution. This is a haste decision and people who knew this 'suspect' would have their doubts and demand extra evidence.

Some even yelled out to Yanyi and Luyao to help them. No matter how you look at it, if they interfere with this case even for the executive session, they'll be breaching their contract.

The only thing they can do is stand still, biting their nails, rubbing their chin, or tapping their forearms, seemingly continuing to lose patience. Yanyi would think that Cinth would be please with his men upon figuring out this case earlier than their friends. 

But he wasn't in the slightest. He just stood there, motionlessly. He didn't even give out any expression when his men greeted him.

Where did that once lively and shy warrior go? It may be more than a decade, but Yanyi remembers his loving smile from all the way back then. 'Ah! Forget about it! You have a serious problem at your hand.'

On the giant clock of the prison ground, the long arms move towards the digit 6 while the small arms slowly made their way further and further away. It was almost 7:30 in the morning and the punishment will begin soon.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The clock struck...

"Prepare the bullet!" An officer said fiercely. With a swift motion, those who'd been behind the sniper rifle loaded their weapon, ready to aim at the target.

.

.

.

A black car drove with rapid speed all the way into the prison ground. When the guard first saw the accelerating car, they want to shoot its tire to arrest them for road violation. But after a further look at the number plate, they just let them pass by into the prison.

Inside, Keira, Ryu, Giess and Fredly is holding onto their life dearly. The way that Irene drive is like a maniac on a high dose. They are confused to see Kazu not really affected by this situation. Instead, he only warns her about the deadline time.

"We won't make it in time! The clock is already 7:30! Our walk won't get us there!"

"Then we have to run on our feet, goddammit!"

She storms out of the car and tentatively listens to the surrounding. Her eyes moved toward the giant clock tower and saw the indicative time. They are late and it'll take time for them to reach the punishment area that can't be accessed with a car.

Clack!

It enters her ear. Without a second thought, she grab Kazu's Glock and yelled out to the others behind her. "When I shoot the bullet, yell out "Yanyi!" with all your might!"