Chapter 60:- Home of Happiness

-~*~-

The young girl, which they had learned the name to be Kiera stepped off the vehicle into a large mansion before her eyes. "Is this... the orphanage you mention?" She asks, struck in awe. It doesn't even look like an orphanage but like a manor. 

"Yes, it is. It is still under construction, but the necessities area had been renovated to fit everyone's needs. Come, let's go and show you, kids, around." Irene and Kazu lead them inside showing all the areas that they can and can't enter. Of course, they showed them their accommodation.

When the younger kids enter their room, they all let out a synchronized, "WOAH!" And runs inside without a second glance. Their reaction can never falter the smile on Irene's face. they open the toy chest, jump on the bed, open the wardrobe, and overall explore the new room.

"This is the new room? It wouldn't fit everyone." Kiera commented, slight displeasure hidden inside her tone. Irene directed the girls to a room across. It's identical to those of the boys but with the change of the wall paint from blue to pink.

If the boys' room can be called an internal playground, then this room can be said their internal castle. "This room is made for the girls who are age below 10 years old. The room beside it is the accommodation for those who are aged above 10. Adjacent to it is the boys' room. The same concept, accommodation for 10 and above."

Kiera open her supposed room with the rest of the girls and was in complete shock. Irene can even say that they are so afraid to even steal a breath from the inside. "T-Th-This is... what?..." 

"The difference these two rooms have are safe for private belongings. For those who are interested to learn to fight and having their own signia, they can store it there. The password lock is customizable, which means no one can steal your stuff without your concern."

"Learn to fight?!"

"Our own signia?!"

"When can we join?!"

Like a burst of light, questions piled up on Irene as soon as those words escape her mouth. The amount of space taken by these youngsters is crossing her privacy. Luckily, there's someone who notices it like a hawk.

"Have you never heard about privacy?" The smile he gave deceived people from afar. But for those who are the words are directed at, it was all a hoax and instead, it was a bullet flying through their ears.

Seeing the terrified expression on their face, Irene placed her hands on Kazu's shoulders and said in a calm and reassuring tone. "It's fine. They're just curious about what we offer. If it'll make you feel better, you can explain it to them. I'll lead the girls to the bathroom so they can wash up first."

Before she turns to walk downstairs, trailing behind the girls, she turns her head to Kazu. "Be a good big brother, alright." He continues to stare at the stairs before someone tugs on his coat. He looks down to discover that it was a young boy that seems to be 3 years younger than Eker.

His big round eyes sparkle in interest. He's afraid of confronting the young lady just now because he can get hurt when they suddenly pushed him. "Brother, when can we start training?"

"Yeah, I want to learn how to fight!"

 "Me too! I want to punch all the evils in this world!"

"Yeah!" The cheers in unison, drowning even the construction noise in the bathroom. They expect him to explain it to them, but they see his eyes wander to the back of the group. At first, the teens thought that they have gained praise from him, but they can't be more wrong.

At the very back of the hoard of boys is the young boy that Irene held in her embrace just before coming here. His dirty dark grey hair stands out like a sore thumb. Others are ecstatic to hear that they'll be able to participate in training. But this boy, he didn't even dare bat an eye.