"Though I am surprised its call The Rake and not The Hoe."

A chuckle escapes my nose, I try to hold in my laughter to continue my brooding, but BEN seems to have other ideas on the matter.

"And why didn't you tell me you knew Bloody Painter, I haven't seen the dude in years!"

"Oh", I turn to him wide eyed, had I known they were acquainted I would have said something.

BEN whistles, the loud echo filling the room with the crackly noise, "didn't know you where so popular with the killer's princess, I haven't seen Bloody look at someone like that before, so sultry~."

I choked on the air, falling into a coughing fit against the door, "What the fu-, in what way did that look of disappointment seem sultry!"

BEN laughs, wiping a fake tear from his eye, "Oh babe, come on, I know these things, I get the same gaze all the time, trust in the professionals~"

I rub at my eyes, groaning, "Now I know it was a look of disappointment."

My comment only made BEN laugh harder, noising over whatever conversation my have continued.

I will never truly understand this poltergeist thinking proses, he shifts so fast I cant keep up mentally, its irritating and irrational.

With a huff I wobble myself to my feet, splashing myself in the face with cold water and finally inhaling a proper and much needed breath. I'm alright, nothing has been decided yet, there is no point on panicking over a conversation that has yet to occur.

"Good to go?"

My eyes flicked down to the little ghost in my watch, he looked up at me smugly, his know-it-all demeanor fluctuating to its max.

I shook with realization, an uncalled-for but appreciated distraction, courtesy of this little man, he grounded me so easily, it's no wonder why he is classified as being manipulative.

"Ya, good to go", I flash him a grateful smile, "thanks BEN."

My gratitude earned a shrug in return.

I my lips twitch into a sneer, "You know BEN, I am beginning to think you have some sort of separation anxiety with your console, would explain your attention seeking."

"Pl~ease, your jealousy is unbecoming, it's not my fault the gods made me this handsome and desirable", he gave me a wink, "You should know this firsthand babe."

BEN's stupid crooked smile eased my tension, there is something wrong with this guy, in a good way I suppose.

With a long exhale I reach for my mask, staring at it in contemplation before placing it under the broken mirror on the countertop. I slapped both sides of my cheeks as I glare at my cracked reflection, it's time to rumble, no more room to run.

I fling the door open before I could sike myself out, the abrupt action startles Helen from his seat on the foot of the bed, he starts, pausing as we stare each other down.

Slowly, he returns to his sitting position, sighing loudly, yet refrained from being the first to start the conversation.

I can not bring myself to look at him, don't dare to, he looked so hurt when I left him in the hall, holding the knowledge of my lie without an explanation.

"Hey...", my voice is softer than I intended, meek and small, but I owe it to him to explain, I had planned on informing BEN after all and that would be unfair, it involves Helen just as much as any other CP in his place.

He gestures to the bedside, offering me a seat at his side, I take up his offer, awkwardly slinking to the far corner of the mattress and fiddling with my fingers nervously.