One More Chapter

Summary: Spencer discovers an interesting habit of Reader's.

Having a girlfriend was new to Spencer—sort of. You and him had been together for a solid 3 months, but it still felt new. He used to doze off on the jet or spend hours reading, but all he could do was think of the millions of things he had to tell you, if he was going to hug or kiss you first, or—

"Earth to pretty boy," Derek mused. "Thinking of the lady friend?"

It was really official now. Derek found out during the case...oops. "Hilarious."

"I know that look, kid! Been there many times."

Spencer rolled his eyes. "I just miss talking to her."

"Clearly, you were talking to her all night. Lucky me, the walls were so thin that now I know everything about this Y/N."

Spencer sighed. "This is why I write letters."

The man chuckled, ruffling his younger coworker's hair. "You're down bad, man."

"I know." A small smile spread across Spencer's face.

He was practically sprinting up the stairs to his apartment, too impatient to wait for the elevator to come down. Lucky Spencer, your apartment had an asbestos problem, so you were staying with him for a little bit.

Spencer was jamming the key into the lock so quickly and so rapidly he swore he dented the key a little bit. He smiled, seeing the back of  your head as he put his things down, walked over, and wrapped his arms around you, kissing your neck.

You wiggled to the side, silent as you turned the page in your book.

"Hello to you too, I missed you too, Y/N."

"Shh, I'm almost done with this chapter," you muttered.

"I just—"

"Shh!"

Spencer frowned, walking to the other side of the couch and sitting down. "What are you—"

"Shh!"

He glanced around, patting his hands on his knees. "How many more pages?"

"17."

Spencer exhaled. "Did you eat?"

You shook your head, flipping the page.

"Great! I'll order something, and we can eat together. What do you want?"

"Food," you mumbled, your eyes moving across the page.

"Right..." Spencer got up, walking back into the kitchen and sighing as he pulled out the takeout menu from the Indian place nearby.

"Food's here!"

"I'll eat later." You had switched positions, still reading.

Spencer frowned. "I was really hoping—"

"You enjoy it, Spence." You smiled briefly, going back to reading.

Your smile brought his own to the surface. "Mm."

Spencer glanced at the empty side of his bed. He had been so excited to sleep beside you, but you were still on the couch reading. "And I thought I read a lot."

Breakfast, reading. Off to work. Lunch breaks, reading. Back home, reading.

It was clockwork with you and this damn book.

"What's so good about it anyways?"

You quickly finished your dinner. "You'd have to read it to understand. Ciao." You quickly opened it again.

"And then she just goes and reads again!" Spencer sighed, placing a cheek in his palm.

Derek chuckled. "Dream girl for you."

"Seriously, Morgan. I feel like we've not really talked since I got back."

He nodded. "Assert yourself as better than that book."

Spencer furled his brows. "Huh?"

Derek smirked. "You can offer a whole lot more than that book can, if you know what I mean."

"Like conversation? Food?"

The man pressed a palm to his forehead. "You know what, never mind."

"I can—Oh. OH! I got it! Geez, Morgan..."

"Am I wrong?"

Spencer pursed his lips. "Not really."

"Atta boy. Remind her why she's living in your apartment right now."

"Asbestos?"

"You're hopeless."

Spencer gulped, remembering what Derek instructed. He put his bag down, took off his little vest, and loosened his tie slightly.

"Hey," you said, still reading.

Spencer walked over sitting next to you and turned on some random documentary. "Hey." He nervously glanced at you, putting an arm around you.

You didn't seem to resist, still reading peacefully.

He gently played with part of your hair—also something you either didn't notice or didn't care about.

Spencer gently placed his lips to your neck, which got a small laugh out of you. "C'mon, I'm trying to focus, stupid."

"Focus on me," he replied without missing a beat.

You raised an eyebrow. "Pardon?"

Spencer took the book, moving it aside as he lowered your back to the couch. "Focus on me," he repeated.

You bit your lip, laughter threatening to escape.

Spencer paused, sitting back up. "What's so funny?"

"What are you doing?" You were laughing now.

Spencer frowned. "We were having a moment, I don't know!"

"Spence, this is nothing like you." You played with a lock of his hair. "Are you okay?"

"No," he sighed. "You haven't talked to me since you picked up that book!"

You grimaced. "I haven't, have I?"

"I just...I missed you."

You nodded, looking down. "I get in a sort of alternate mode when I have a book in hand...I'm sorry." You smiled softly. "I also uh...I've been kinda scared."

"Scared?"

You sighed. "I'm living in your apartment, we're almost 4 months in, I—this is serious. I've just never really been this comfortable with a guy before and...I think I love you."

Spencer blinked a few times. "You love me?"

You nodded quickly.

Spencer cupped your cheeks, pressing a kiss to your lips. "I love you," he said breathlessly. "So much."

You giggled. "Wanna continue what I'm pretty sure you were trying to start?"

"Blame Morgan for that."

"It was a little bit hot."

"Really?"

"Maybe." You pecked his lips. "Now c'mon. I gotta get back to my book."

"My god."

You laughed as Spencer scooped you up, the bedroom door shutting behind you.

inspired by me ignoring everyone to read my book today