Eyes On The Road

Summary: Spencer tries to help Reader learn to drive after learning they didn't have their license.
Warning: References to car accidents

"What are you doing?"

"Work," you replied blankly as Spencer walked over to your desk.

"That doesn't look like work."

"It is."

He leaned in. "Since when did case files have to do with various meanings of road signs?"

You bit your lip. "Since now."

"What are you actually doing, Y/N?"

You sighed. "Gettinmydriverspermit."

"What?"

"Getting my driver's permit!" Your voice raised, immediately making you flush. "So..."

"Wait, you can't drive?"

"Don't remind me!" You slapped his arm with a packet.

"I didn't mean it like an insult! I just had no idea." Spencer raised his arms defensively.

"Well yeah, I don't know how to drive," you mumbled under your breath.

"Can I ask why?"

You muttered something incoherently.

"What?"

"It's scary!"

Spencer raised an eyebrow. "You, Y/N L/N, can take down serial killers but are afraid of driving a car?"

"I will get up and leave."

"I'm just saying!"

"You're afraid of the dark, tough guy!"

"It's a valid fear!"

"So is driving!"

"Stop fighting," Rossi groaned, walking by. You whipped back around to face Spencer.

"Well you seem to be getting over it."

You sighed. "I'm getting tired of missing the subway."

"Ohhh..."

"I got rained on the other night and officially decided to get my license."

"You're not even gonna be able to drive alone until—"

"I read the rules, don't remind me." You closed the practice book. "I have to pass the permit test first so...go away."

Spencer snickered. "Fine. You and the other 15 year olds there can all study together."

You chucked the handbook at him as he ran off, a few heads turning. "Nothing to see here!"

"Where's Y/N?" Emily walked into the bullpen.

"Didn't you know? Today's her—" He froze, realizing you were probably embarrassed. "Uh her doctor's appointment."

"Oh, she didn't tell me." She shrugged, heading to her desk.

Spencer exhaled, returning to his paperwork. A few hours passed until the doors opened, you walking through. Spencer looked up at you, his expression asking the question so his words didn't have to. You grinned, holding up the little booklet containing your permit. He pumped his fists subtly, the two of you briefly smiling at each other before you went back to work.

"Spence!" You jogged over to him.

"Congrats on the permit."