To Forgive or To Forget

Summary: Reader's absent father reappears shortly after the birth of her and Spencer's daughter, something that conflicts her and Spencer. (This one is a little less happy but ends well)
Warning: Mentions of alcohol and drug addiction, mentions of recovery from addiction, sobriety chips, mention of the death of a parent, mention of parent leaving a child, implied teen pregnancy.

You smiled down at your daughter, gently bouncing her as you paced the house.

"Hey...I'm sorry about that, the call went longer than it should've," your husband said, walking back into the small nursery.

"It's okay," you said quietly. "Trying to get her to sleep."

Spencer's eyes always lit up when they fell upon the little 4 month old, his fingers softly brushing against her cheek. "Hi." Your heart melted at the sight. "Hello," he whispered, his pitch getting higher as he spoke. The small yawn that came from the bang caused you both to laugh quietly.

"Don't be too loud, it's taken forever to get her like this."

Spencer pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "Alright." Knock. Knock. You both glanced towards the direction of the knock. "I'll get it, get her to sleep."

"Okay," you said quietly, pressing a gentle kiss to your daughter's forehead.

Spencer walked to the door of the apartment, opening it. An unfamiliar man stood there. "Can I help you?"

"Oh, my bad. I must have the wrong address. Sorry to bother."

"What's going on—" You froze.

"Y/N..." You gulped, your eyes meeting his.

"You know him?" Spencer whispered to you.

"Dad..." Spencer quieted down in realization.

"Wow," your dad whispered. "You've gotten so much older."

"It's been 24 years so yeah, I guess I have." Your tone was harsh.

His eyes drifted to the bundle in your arms. "Is that...my grandchild?"

"Someone is your grandchild when you are present in the lives of them and their parents. You are none of those things," you spat. Spencer rubbed your arm, motioning to take the baby. You carefully handed her off, crossing your arms.

"I know you hate me, Y/N."

"What an astute observation."

"Please...just give me a chance here."

"Oh, like how you gave mom a chance? Oh wait! You didn't. You left her to fend for herself with an 8 year old? She was 23!" You bit back tears. "And you didn't even say a word when she died."

Your father gulped. "I know that."

"Great, we're done here."

"Y/N, please. I'm not who I used to be."

"People like you don't just change for no reason."

"I changed for a reason," he whispered. "I changed when I learned about your mom."

"Do not bring her into this to get my sympathy."