Dumped

Summary: After a pretty sucky date, Spencer comes to pick Reader up and helps them feel better.

You, Penelope, and Emily stood in a circle, all laughing and whispering. Spencer furled his brows, walking over. "What's going on?"

You stepped back, standing up straight. "Nothing."

"Y/N has a date!" Penelope squealed.

Spencer raised an eyebrow, glancing at you. You flushed, crossing your legs awkwardly. "When is it?"

"Tonight..."

"That sounds like fun."

A dopey smile grew in your face. "A little."

"It's her first one too!" Emily clapped excitedly.

"I guess I'll leave you guys to coach her then..." He waved, walking to his desk, his stomach dropping slightly. Every time he looked over, he saw how excited you were to be going out with someone who was not him. Why does it matter? As long as she's happy.

"What do you think?" You stepped out of the bathroom, opting to get ready at work so you could go straight over and not be late.

"Oh. My. God. YOU LOOK STUNNING!" JJ gushed.

"I feel like a proud mother," Penelope said, putting her hands on her chest.

"It looks perfect on you," Emily assured you.

"Really?" All three women nodded. "Cool."

"We'll go, you've gotta get a move on."

"Text me how it goes!"

"I will!" You smiled, waving.

"Wow."

You turned around. "Hey, Spence."

"You look...different." Your usual closet of pastels, funky earrings, chunky shoes, and exciting pants were exchanged for a plain black dress and black heels.

"Good different?"

"If you wear it, it's automatically good."

You smiled. "Thank you."

"He'll love you."

"I hope so."

How could he not? "See you tomorrow then."

"See you!"

"Y/N!"

You looked to your right, your date, Chase, waving. "Hey."

"You look amazing."

"Thank you," you smiled politely.

"Shall we go inside?"

"Of course." You were nervous, probably shaking, and maybe even sweating. You knew Chase because he often went into the same coffee shop as you in the mornings, and the two of you chatted a little. He was sweet, so you agreed to go out.

"It's really nice to be able to talk to you for more than 3 minutes."

You laughed. "Agreed." Not agreed, I always screw up after 3 minutes.