The Morning After

Summary: Reader and Spencer get caught in a misunderstanding after a long night working on a project.
Based on season 2 glasses Reid hehe

"Alright, time to get to everyone's favorite part of the course...projects!" The class let out a collective groan. "Oh come on, be more positive." Professor Olsen grinned, scribbling a word on the board. "Evaluate." Oh good. "What does it mean to evaluate something?"

"Form an idea," a student spoke up.

"Pretty much." He walked back to his desk. "So for your semester 1 advanced philosophy final, I will provide you a concept which you will evaluate in a...10 paged paper! Woo!" More groans. "Oh don't be so sad, I'm being nice and making it a partner assignment." Excited murmuring. "Partners which I assign!" More groans. "Everyone stand up." You furled your brows, standing up. "Now people up front, here and here, walk 3 rows back and 2 people over." You grabbed your bag, following his instructions. You stood in front of a rather tall boy, pretty lanky, he had slightly slicked back brown hair with glasses. "And say hello to your partner."

"Hi," you said awkwardly.

"Hey."

"Okay! Time for your topics. Taller person, come get one."

You motioned to him, the boy going down to the front and taking a piece of paper. You raised an eyebrow. "So..?"

"Provide an in depth evaluation of Karl Marx's idea of capitalism."

"Stimulating."

"It can be."

"You and I have different ideas of fun."

He shrugged. "Maybe."

"This is due in 2 days!"

You choked on your water. "Shit."

"I guess we should get to it then."

"Yeah uh, do you wanna meet at the library?"

"Library sounds good."

"Cool." You began to go to the door but stopped. "I uh I never got your name."

"Spencer Reid."

"Hi, I'm Y/N Y/L/N."

I know. "Nice to meet you."

"See you at the library at 4?"

"See you then."

You tapped your feet against the table leg, jotting down ideas. "There you are."

"Sorry, I had work."

"It's fine," you replied, sliding over your notes. "Just some stuff I thought of."

"It looks good," Spencer said, handing it back.

"You have to read it."

"I did."

You looked puzzled. "Just now?"

He nodded casually, opening up a book. "I think the whole thing about exploitation of workers is the key concept, so we should go with that."

"Yeah, sure. Sounds good to me." You opened up the other book on the table, reading through. You found yourself getting distracted by watching how quickly the boy turned each page. "Are you reading?"

"Mhm."

"Jesus."

He laughed. "I have an eidetic memory, it's just sort of a perk."

"I've barely read 2 chapters."

"You still read faster than the average person."

"Thanks..?"