Memory Lane

Summary: Reader's precautions get a little out of hand.

Oh god work sucked.

You groaned as you tossed your bag near the door, kicking off your shoes, and flopping onto the sofa. "Can I retire now?"

You stood up, eating some leftovers, and then hurrying off to sleep. You were exhausted, and you just needed some rest. While half asleep, you got into your pajamas, took off any makeup, and headed into the bathroom to brush your teeth. As you did so, you heard it.

The creaking open of the door.

Your heart dropped as you stopped in your tracks, listening for anything else.

The movement across the floorboards was slow, slight freaks every few seconds indicating steps, but there was nothing else. You grabbed your hairbrush, climbing into the bath and closing the curtain around it. You listened out for more sounds, mentally preparing your plan for attacking whatever beast entered your apartment.

A shiver ran down your spine as the sound of the bedroom door opened; your grip tightened on the brush. The light switched on after the door shut.

Please let my death be painless.

You inhaled sharply, clutching the brush. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE SCUM!" You shrieked, bombarding the figure with the hairbrush with your eyes squeezed shut.

"OW! OH MY GOD—"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! YEAH!"

"WAIT—"

"LEAVE OR I'LL—" You froze. "Oh shit..."

The man groaned on the floor.

"Spencer!"

You ran your hands through your hair, tapping your feet on the floor of the ER waiting room.

What was wrong with you?

Sure, Spencer had said he was probably not gonna be home that day, but you jumped from even considering your boyfriend to attacking the first moving thing you saw.

"Stupid, stupid, stu—Hi!"

"Mrs. Reid?"

"Uh Ms. L/N...I'm his girlfriend."

"Ah," the nurse said, scribbling a few things down.

"How is he?"

"He's doing mostly fine. Dr. Reid should take the week off of work, but he's mostly ok beyond a minor concussion."

"Concussion?!"

"Very minor."

You nodded slowly. "Thank you..."

"He's just changing now."

"Thanks again!" You exhaled. "Oh, Spencer!"

"Hello."

"Come on, let's get you home."

"Oh uh sure!"

Spencer slept most of the day, leaving you to figure out what to say.

"I'm hungry."

"There's food in the fridge."

"Where is that..?"

You furled your brows. "Kitchen..? As always..."

"Always?"

"Fridges are in kitchens, idiot."

"Oh! Well yeah."

You chuckled. "Concussion."

"How about this curry thing?"