When She's With You

Summary: Reader confesses something to Spencer that surprises him quite a bit.

The team all staggered up the stairs, worn out from the day. The good news was that the case was over, the bad was that you couldn't get home due to the weather, so the flight would leave in the morning. "If we're stuck in New York for a night, I'm going out. Who's in?" Emily looked around.

"You read my mind," Derek replied, grinning.

"Count me in," JJ added.

"Hotch? Rossi? Reid? Y/N?"

Hotch and Rossi glanced at each other. "We'll leave you to your thing, Aaron and I are going to dinner. See you guys later."

"Aww, mom and dad aren't coming," Derek said, frowning. "How about you two?"

Spencer glanced at you. "I'm okay." He furled his brows, it was usually you who dragged him out.

"Oh uh...alright. See you tomorrow then." You gave the group a small wave, heading back to your room. Your mind was swirling with thoughts.

"Is she okay?" JJ asked quietly.

"You guys go, I'll make sure everything is okay." Spencer waved as he followed you to your door. Knock. Knock.

You sat up, walking to the door. "Spence? Weren't you going out with everyone?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine, I swear."

"Not to be that person, but you don't seem okay."

You fiddled with your hands. "Just tired."

"You're not a good liar."

"You're just a good profiler."

"It's a combination of things. Can I come in?"

You nodded. "Okay." You opened a cupboard, removing the cheap hotel wine. "Want some?"

"Uh yeah sure."

You sat down on the floor, your back resting against the wall. "Here."

Spencer sat across from you, his back to the foot of the bed. "Thank you." You took a sip, sighing. "Was it the case? I know we lost a victim along the way, but we saved 3 girls—"

"It isn't the case. In fact, it isn't work related at all."

"Oh."

You exhaled. "Have you ever liked someone you don't think you should?"

Spencer raised an eyebrow, sort of surprised by the bluntness of your question. "I guess so..." He had feelings for you at one point but buried them away, not wanting the mess with your careers.

"I think I do, and it's really really messing with me." You sipped the wine again.

Spencer shifted. "You can tell me...if you want." A weird feeling rose in his stomach.

"I guess I should've realized it a while ago."

"It?"

"My feelings." You chuckled softly. "Do you remember that case in LA like 3 years ago? The stalker and—"

"Lila?" He already looked embarrassed.

You nodded. "It was that case."

Does she like me? "So what happened?"

"I spent the whole case watching Lila be all over you. From the remarks, the looks, subtle touches, all of it, and you didn't even notice half the time." You laughed to yourself. "I thought you would never even realize she liked you." You took another swig of the wine, wincing at the sour taste. "Gideon sent me to help you when I finished up with him, and I still haven't told you this but uh...I saw everything."