Romeo, Oh, Romeo

Summary: Reader and Spencer face conflict in being together from some outside forces.

"I'm sorry, Derek," Emily murmured, rubbing his back.

The man sighed, briefly pulling his forehead from his hands. "It's gotta be for the best, right?"

Penelope and Emily glanced at each other then nodded quickly. "Totally!"

"Listen, listen." Penelope stood up. "Grace is a total idiot for you letting you go. I don't know who in their right mind would let all that—" She motioned her hand around his abdomen. "—go."

Derek chuckled. "Thanks, mama."

"What's all this though?" Emily asked, kicking the box next to his desk lightly.

"All of her stuff, I was gonna drop it by her friend's after work. She's there until we get her all moved out."

"Yikes," Spencer whispered, closing his folder. "I'm going downstairs to copy these—they aren't listening." He shrugged, heading off.

"Stupid box," you muttered, struggling to the elevator. "Why couldn't Grace just get this herself?"

Out of Order

"Fuck me." You hobbled over to the stairs, slowly climbing down each step in an attempt to not die. "Dumb shoes!"

"Miss?"

You nearly dropped the box, jumping to the side and immediately snapping the heel of your shoe in half. "FUCK!"

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" The weight of the box was suddenly gone as someone moved it from your arms. "Here, let me."

"Thanks..." You looked up, the honey eyes of a messy haired man meeting yours. "Uh ground floor I guess."

"This is quite the load."

You grabbed your shoes, holding them as you kept walking. "A friend needed some things picked up while she's staying with me."

"Aha."

"Now I need to find a way to get this onto the subway, so there's the next predicament." You chuckled. "It's been a day."

"Could I offer you a ride? I'm not crazy, I work for the FBI...obviously."

You laughed softly. "I would usually say no, but my shoe is broken, and I don't have the energy. Sure."

"Spencer Reid...by the way."

"Y/N L/N." You grinned.

"And we just talked the whole time! I swear, I'm usually so awkward and spit out statistics and stuff—I mean I still did—but she like made conversations out of them too!" Spencer paced back and forth, excitedly gesticulating as he did so.

Derek chuckled. "Usually, I'd be jealous that someone else is having relationship success while I got dumped, but it's you, so this feels like a win to me too."

"Thank you?" Spencer furled his brows.

"C'mon, what's her name? She must work here."

"No, she doesn't. She just got something for a friend."

"So her name?" Derek sipped his coffee.

"Y/N L/N."

The man immediately spat out the drink. "WHAT?!"

Spencer titled his head. "You know her?"

"Do I know her?! She's Grace's best friend! Grace is living with her!" Derek jumped up. "You can't go out with her!"