School Crush

Summary: Spencer gets distracted by one of the students in the class he guest lectures in.

"The Footpath Killer, tell me what I need to know." Gideon gestured to the class, people exchanging glances. A hand went up. "Yes, Coopers?"

A boy you recognized from the library spoke. "His kills were isolated."

"Good, keep going."

He furled his brows. "Uh...he was alone?"

"Why was he alone?" Gideon countered, leaving the boy slightly uncertain.

"Maybe he was worried the victim would scream."

"A possibility but not one that could be avoided by simply going to a basement, warehouse, or something. Why go all this way to the remote woods?" The class was generally silent. You slowly lifted your hand up. "Yes, you." You didn't speak often, it wasn't surprising that he didn't know your name.

You cleared your throat. "Well maybe he isn't isolating the victim but isolating himself."

He nodded slowly. "Keep going."

"Uh well it's likely that he's probably not the type of charmer Bundy was, so he can't just flirt with someone and coerce them into his car. He's probably not very confident and figures the only way to get a victim alone is by being totally alone."

"What's your name?"

"Uh Y/N L/N, sir."

"Ms. L/N is correct, which leads me into why I profiled that he had a severe stutter."

You awkwardly ignored the various sets of eyes on you, just soaking in the moment of praise a little longer—it didn't happen often.

"Ms. L/N."

You paused, turning around. "Sir."

"Please just say Agent Gideon."

"Agent Gideon..."

"I think you should look into taking the bureau entrance exam."

"Me?"

He nodded. "Just something to think about."

"Like to be a profiler?"

"Anything I suppose, but from what I've observed, you'd make a good one."

You smiled slightly as the door opened. You turned around, a relatively skinny but tall boy who looked not much older than you stood there, clutching a few folders. "Oh uh...am I in the way?"

"You're fine, Reid. What is it?"

He quickly walked over, handing over the stack. His eyes kept drifting to you and then flicking back to Gideon. "I uh I—Hotch. These." He turned around, beginning to walk away.

"Reid."

He froze. "Mhm?"

"If I attend this seminar, I won't have time to plan a lesson out."

"Oh, well you should just skip—"

"Plan out a lesson and join me to teach it on Friday."

He blinked a few times. "Me? Teach?"

"You're about their age, it could be good for them." You stood there awkwardly. "Oh, you can go, L/N."