Mud-dled

Summary: Spencer helps Reader out of a muddy situation.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

You groaned, your hand thumping around the beside table, searching for an alarm to slap.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Mmmmm," you whined, hitting snooze and dozing back off.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Godddddd, let me sleep!"

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Fine!" You snatched your phone, almost shrieking when you saw the time. "IT WAS JUST 7! HOW IS IT 12?!?"

You leapt out of bed, scrambling to get changed. You checked the time, groaning.

"I've got no time! Ughhhhhh."

"I really appreciate you taking Henry for the day."

Spencer smiled. "I feel like I haven't spent much one on one time with him."

"You did when he was born..."

"I think I mean when he's a semi-functioning human being."

JJ chuckled. "Duh."

The 3 year old ran over, hugging his god father's legs. "Uncle 'Pence!"

Spencer grinned, ruffling his hair. "I'll be alright, JJ."

"I know you will."

"Enjoy time with Will, I think you both need it."

The woman chuckled. "See you tonight."

"Say bye to your mom!"

"Bye, momma!"

JJ blew the toddler a kiss, heading out the door.

"So what first?"

"Uhhh...I wanna go to the park!"

"Alright then, let's go to the park!"

"Fastest route to...1693 Cambridge Avenue," you read out as you typed into your phone. You grabbed your bag, hurry to the nearest bus stop.

Unfortunately for you, the outfit you had on was not quite designed for sprinting down crowded city streets.

"HEY!"

"MOVE IT!"

"OH FUCK YOU!"

"Sorry," you squeaked, pushing through crowds to try and make the bus. "SHIT! WAIT!" You exhaled as the bus drove off and out of sight. "Nearest route to 1693 Cambridge Avenue...by foot."

You scanned the map, locating a shortcut through the park between where you were and the apartment.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Spencer uncovered his eyes, immediately spotting the little boy but deciding to be sparing of his feelings and at least pretend to not see him. "Where could you be?"

The small sounds of giggles made the man smile.

"Ohhh, Henry??? Are you there?" A small droplet of water landed on the top of his head.

"Uncle 'Pence! It's gonna rain!"

"Found you."

"Look! It's gonna rain!"

"I can tell." The droplets came down harder, Spencer digging through his bag and removing an umbrella. "Come underneath." He crouched down to get the umbrella closer to Henry's head.