Mixed Up Pt. 2

Summary: Years pass after the accidental blind date mishap.

"How do you think he'll like me?" Spencer asked, his hand intertwined with yours as you both walked through the cold street.

You exhaled. "Well, at first he did not like the idea of you because it left his friend without a date and pissed at him because of it."

"And we're off to a great start."

You rolled your eyes. "Derek will like you just fine, don't worry. The whole story is funny, really, and he'll see why it was better that we screwed up and met." You smiled brightly at Spencer.

The boy sighed, the corners of his lips curling upwards. "Okay."

You unlocked the apartment door. "Derek!"

Your roommate stepped into view. "Y/N, you're back!"

"I want you to meet someone."

"Let me guess, Spencer."

You smiled sheepishly, pulling your boyfriend into the apartment. "Voila."

"So, you're the guy that made Y/N stand up my best friend."

"W-Well—"

"I'm kidding, nice to meet you, man. Derek Badaash." He extended his hand.

"Oh, Spence—"

Spencer shook his hand, briefly glancing at you. "You too, Derek."

"Handshake and all?" You asked, walking alongside Spencer.

"I needed him to like me."

"Mission accomplished, let me tell you that." You grinned, showing Spencer a long text from Derek that went on and on about how fine Spencer was. "He really really likes you."

Spencer blinked a few times. "Very descriptive."

"I can't say I disagree," you said, smirking.

"I met your Derek, you should meet mine."

"Does he hate me?"

Spencer chuckled. "No, he thought this was all hilarious."

"Then I would be glad to."

"Dinner tonight? It's already almost 7."

"I think that would be nice."

Spencer checked his watch. "45 minutes to spare, and I live a block from here."

"Yep, let's go." You grabbed his hand, the two of you laughing as you ran off.

"Derek Morgan, it's great to meet you. I've heard a lot."

You smirked at your boyfriend. "So have I."

"She's gorgeous, Reid. I don't blame you for standing Lindsey up."

"It wasn't like that!" You and Spencer said defensively, in unison.

Derek laughed. "I know, just teasing you both."

You smiled nervously. "Oh."

"With the way Reid talks about you, I couldn't be more grateful for that mistake that night."

Spencer smiled at you. "Me either."

-4 years later-

"Be my maid of honor, Derek." You smiled at your roommate.

"Is that even possible? I'm a dude."

"Oh please, it's my wedding, I'll do what I want."

Derek grinned, holding your hand. "I'd be honored."

"This is gonna be the best."

"You know what I just realized," you whispered to your husband.

"What?" Spencer asked quietly as the room conversed after your wedding.

"I don't think our Dereks have met."

"After all these years?" He raised an eyebrow.

"They know of each other, but I don't think they've met."

Spencer snickered. "How ironic."

Morgan stood up, clinking a glass. "My name is Derek Morgan, I'm Reid's best man. I'd like to invite my fellow Derek to join me for this speech."

You and Spencer looked at each other, puzzled. Derek stood up, walking over to Morgan.

"Hi, everyone. I'm Derek Badaash, the maid of honor." You giggled. "And we're here to tell a story."

Morgan took the mic. "Reid was a lonely dude. He would rather read some books by Thomas Paine than go out and on dates and stuff. I mean to each one's own, but I wanted him to at least attempt to find someone. So I set him up...not with Y/N." A few murmurs. "With an old friend named Lindsey."

Derek took the mic. "And I thought Y/N was making too much bread and not getting any action, thus I attempted the same. Except, I set her up with my friend, Tom."

Morgan had the mic again. "Both of us didn't give these two the numbers of their blind dates because they hate people so much, so they just went in completely blind knowing only that the person connecting them was named Derek. See he issue?" Laughter ensued.

"Well, Y/N and Spencer sat down, mentioned Derek, and went on with the night. Just our luck, they're soulmates." Derek chuckled. "Y/N came home that night, red as a tomato and giggling like a stupid child only to learn that she went out with the wrong guy!" Laughter from the room.

"And I went to Reid's place, yelling at him for ditching his date only to find a hint of red lipstick on his cheek that just about matched his red cheeks. And that's when these idiots put the pieces together."

You and Spencer laughed.

"Tom ignored me for a week, saying I humiliated him. I was pretty pissed at Spencer for just existing because of that, but I've gotta say...he is the most amazing guy, and you and Y/N were made to accidentally go out together. Congratulations, you two."

The two of you smiled at him then each other.

"Lindsey was pretty pissed at me too, and I was completely unsure of who this girl even was. Well, I came to learn that she is one hell of a woman, and Reid is damn lucky he hates people so much."

You snickered, Spencer rolling his eyes.

"I love you both, congrats!"

"I stand corrected," you whispered. "It seems they've met."

"Fate is a funny thing, isn't it?"

"It really is."

"Mrs. Reid."

You smiled, your hands meeting under the table.

hey guys self plug moment I am writing a #enemies to lovers #slow burn rn abt spencie and reader, so u should defo read it! it's called gravity, it's great (i say so i wrote it), and ya!