A 'Grand' Secret

Summary: After going to confront a neighbor over a noise issue, Spencer meets her grandchild, Reader, leading to a few secrets being kept from Reader's grandmother.
Warning: not rlly anything graphic but a lil steamy at one point

"Granny, where do you want me to hang this picture frame?"

"Damn bugs," the woman murmured, staring closely at the window.

"Granny."

"Eh, somewhere nice."

"Insightful, thank you."

"Watch that sarcasm, missy."

"Sorry!" You smiled to yourself, hanging up the frame and nailing it into the wall.

"Turn on the radio for me, they've got my favorite channel right now."

"The radio? For real?"

"I might be old, but this thing is timeless."

You rolled your eyes, switching it on. "Don't be too loud, it's getting late."

"I will not!"

"Good, I'm gonna go hang stuff in your room."

"Have fun." You kissed her cheek, wandering off.

Spencer exhaled, staring at his ceiling. It wasn't exactly easy to fall asleep when there were sounds of 30's music blasting out of a speaker right above him. He flopped his head against the pillow, pulling the sides to his ears but to no avail. Spencer groaned, getting up and changing into some sweatpants and an MIT hoodie. He headed upstairs, following the sounds of the music to the apartment directly above his. Knock. Knock. "Mrs. Y/L/N?"

The door opened, a younger—incredibly beautiful—woman stood there. "Hello..."

Spencer blinked a few times. "You're not Mrs. Y/L/N."

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N, she's my grandmother. Is everything alright?"

"Y-Yeah, I-I was just—"

"Oh, is she bothering you? I warmed her about the music—"

"No!" Spencer, what the hell are you doing? "Uh I was just...making sure she's alright! I read a report once where an elderly man got a noise complaint because his music wasn't off, but he had fainted and nobody knew until someone went up to ask him to turn it down."

You smiled. "That's sweet of you."

Spencer smiled nervously. Say words, Spencer. "A-Are you from DC?"

"I just moved here about 2 months ago, I'm staying here for the weekend while my apartment gets some renovations done."

"Gotcha..."

"Who's at the door?"

"I think he's one of your neighbors!"

"He? Is he cute?!"

You looked him up and down. "Yeah!"

Spencer flushed. "Invite him in, I don't want you ending up as an old maid!"

"Granny—"

"Y/N, now!"

You exhaled. "Would you like to come in?"

"Oh no, you guys seem busy and—"

"Oooh! Spencer!" Your grandma walked over. "It's been ages!"

"Good evening, Mrs. Y/L/N."

"Come in, come in. Y/N, make some tea."

"Will do."

"It's fine—"