World War Reid

Summary: A snow day with the Reid family quickly turns into an all out war between Reader and Spencer, bringing back nostalgia for everyone else.

"Mom! Dad! Look! Look outside!"

You rubbed your eyes, sitting up slightly. "Harper, it's like 7 in the morning."

"It's snowing!" The little girl clapped excitedly.

You glanced over at your husband, who attempted to pull you back down. You rolled your eyes, facing your daughter again. "Here's my proposal."

"What? Anything!"

"You go clean your room and put the books you forced dad to read you last night away, and then we can maybe go out in the snow."

"Okay! I'm going!" The 5 year old bounded out of the room, chanting something about snow angels.

"Y/N, it's 7 in the morning," Spencer croaked.

"You think she's gonna do all that within the next hour?" He was quiet. "Thought so." You laid back down, Spencer's arms wrapping around you as he buried his face in your hair. "You never mentioned the case, was it all okay?"

"Just a rough one," he whispered, kissing your neck. "I'm alright."

"You say that every time."

"I never really got hit by cases with kids until we had her."

You moved some of his hair from his face. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"That's why you read to her, isn't it?"

He smiled softly. "I don't care how tired I am, I want to be there for my daughter."

You kissed his nose. "You are, trust me."

"I love you."

"I love you too." You shut your eyes, the two of you falling back to sleep in each other's arms.

"Done!"

You jumped, sitting back up. "Already? H, it's been like 15 minutes."

"Wanna see?!"

Spencer was about to move, but you gently moved his head back to the pillow. "Yeah, show me."

"Cmon, cmon!"

You kissed Spencer's forehead and then followed Harper out of the room. You crossed your arms, your eyes scanning the living room. "Mhm...yes, yes. Alright."

"So..?"

"The book cleanup passes, let's see how your room does."

"I even wiped the shelf!"

"With what..?"

"My shirt."

"Genius." Definitely got that from me. You walked into her room, looking around. No colored pencils, socks, books, or stuffed pigs in sight. "Alright, let's check the ever so infamous...closet method!" You opened her closet door, surprised to not see a pile of stuff tumbling out. "Geez, Harper. You really want to see the snow, huh?"

"Mhm!"

"Okay." You crouched down to her level. "I'll make you some breakfast—"

"I had some!"

You raised an eyebrow. "You...made your own breakfast?"

"Yeah!"

"I'm sorry, what did you have?"

"A tomato."

"As much as I appreciate your independence, you need actual food. Come on." You picked her up. "I want toast, how does that sound?"