Chapter 39

A couple hours passed in silence. I remained seated on the floor, but had pressed myself up against the wall not bothering to fight back for the bed. Little princess over there could have it for all I cared. All I wanted was out. Maybe I had been too greedy asking for the boss himself or maybe I didn't hold as much power as I thought I did.

But luck was on my side as the door lock turned and it swung inwards. Slow steps echoed through the stone walls along with a tink from a cane clacking against the floor. I quickly stood up and made myself look tall, powerful. In walked a tall man, thin, wiry looking. His face was gaunt and hollow and pale white like he hadn't seen the sun in years.

Dressed in a fine, tailored suit of white with red lapels I knew this was Tomasso. He had a beak-like nose with beady black eyes set a little close together beneath thinning black eyebrows. He stopped after passing through the doorway and I chuckled.

His face fell into a disapproving frown and he tipped his head at my captor who strutted strongly over to me and slapped me right across my face. "See. Now that was a mistake." I said through gritted teeth.

Tomasso stepped forward. "Deserving for such a disrespectful greeting." He seethed out, his English a little better than his henchman.

I shrugged my shoulders and gave him another once over. "I guess I just expected, well, more from the Boss." I nonchalantly waved my hand and received another slap across the face. "Now I'm going to have to tell him about not just the kick to the ribs, but now the two slaps. Want to make it three?" I sneered out.

Tomasso clicked his tongue. "You act like Oliver holds all the power. But he's not the boss. Not here, not back home."

"I'm not talking about Oliver, dipsh**."

And another slap met my face. As the sting subsided, I couldn't help but find a little excitement in all of this. I was pissing them off. Tomasso stared at me, his beady black eyes locked onto mine and then his face flooded with understanding.

"So, you've met the boss of Cacciatori Scarlatti." He breathed out, a little flabbergasted.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Last I checked he was the one that bought me from you, not Oliver." Pointing at Tomasso, I grinned. My parents gasped as Natalie and Saun's mouths fell open. Glancing at my sister-in-law, I raised my eyebrows. "I told you this wasn't about you."

Tomasso suddenly slammed the handle of his cane against my shoulder and tugged me forward. His face was nearly against mine, tobacco and smoke wafting strong from his breath. "I want my six hundred mill back, and you're going to get it for me."

I clicked my tongue. "See, is that money really yours though?" Picking up the end of the cane with two fingers, I pulled it off of my shoulder and shoved it back towards him. Tomasso tripped and fell into the arms of the straw-haired man.

"HE PAID ME WITH IT!" He screeched out, brushing himself off before standing back upright.

"To buy me." I pointed at my chest. "From you." I pointed at him and then suddenly rushed at him. "Yet you kidnapped me so I wasn't rightfully yours in the first place." My rapid movement caused him to stumble backwards again. "Which brings me back to the conclusion that the money is not technically yours."

"YOU LITTLE B****! What do you think he's going to do? Come in here and rid the entire continent of I Draghi Bianchi all because I stole his f***** precious little queen? It's never been done before, you can't just-" Tomasso started but I cut him off.

"He's already two-thirds of the way there. Look around, Tomasso. He's taken over most of your shipments, cleaned your house of an entire Capo and all of his constituents that he controls, disposed of four of your men the night I showed up and you still haven't been able to do a thing to hurt him. He paid you six hundred million dollars, and you lost it back to him." I stepped away and began slowly pacing the room. This felt like an other-world experience. This type of boldness was not me, yet it was also me. This boldness was something Renzo had incited in me.