Chapter 32

We clambered down the stairs and Lily barged right into her father's study. He was on the phone with someone and looked up, startled by our entrance. "Daddy, I really want to go to Hawaii for my wedding. Aedlin here agrees that we should have the wedding there." She quickly said and I stared daggers at her for throwing me under the bus like that.

Marcus looked between the two of us and rolled his head back. He glanced at the phone on his desk and said, "I'll need to call you back if that's alright." There was a pause of silence and then whoever he had been speaking with hung up without a word. The dial tone reached my ears as Marcus pressed the end button and looked at us once more.

He pinched the skin between his eyes and shook his head. "Lily, I know you really want this, but that costs quite a lot of money. I just don't think it would be the best place for you to have your wedding. It's absolutely beautiful here anyway." It sounded like he had rehearsed this several times. "It's wonderful to have you home, Aedlin." He added quickly and I smiled but didn't say anything.

"Oh come on, daddy! What about all the extra money you've been pulling in? I'll even limit the amount of guests I invite." She begged but he shook his head.

"Liliana, we have gone over this before."

"Please just think about it! I'll even get everything planned and set up and bring you the cost of it all. Then if you still think it'll be too much, you can say no." She negotiated with him and I watched Marcus slowly nod, impressed with his blonde bombshell of a daughter.

"Alright, if you can have the final cost of everything within a week, I will reconsider." He replied and she squealed in glee. Grabbing my hand she said a rushed 'thank you' and dragged me back up to her room.

Over the next week, I spent every waking hour over with Lily. We looked at hundreds of wedding destinations in Honolulu and Oahu, finally deciding on a beautiful hotel and beach resort in Oahu. She picked out her dress, booked the rehearsal dinner and reception areas, finalized her guest list, and every little minute detail needed for the wedding.

By the time we were finished late Saturday evening, I was exhausted and still hadn't even made it to my apartment since coming back to the United States. "Done!" She shouted in relief and I flopped down on the couch in her room.

"Finally." I grunted out and she clicked her tongue at me. "You should go present that to your dad and see what he says because that is an astronomical amount of money for a wedding." I rolled over and looked at her. She waved her hand, dismissing the last part of my statement and picked up the binder. Spending over a hundred grand on a wedding seemed ridiculous to me, but then I remembered that six hundred million to buy me had been done without a second thought so maybe it wasn't as ridiculous as it sounded.

She slid off of her bed and motioned for me to follow. I reluctantly pulled myself from the comfortable couch and walked out of the room. We wandered down the stairs and stopped at the entrance to her father's office. This time she knocked and then waited. Eventually, footsteps shuffled across the carpeted floor inside the study and then the door swung open.

"Hi daddy. I have the information for the wedding you requested. It just needs your approval." Lily said as Marcus watched the two of us. She stretched the binder forward and handed him the information. He pulled it from her and began shifting through the pages.

"I will have an answer for you in the morning." He said and then stepped back into his office and closed the door. Lily turned to me and jumped up and down.

She grabbed my hands and grinned widely. "He always just turned me down directly. I think we have a chance." She said and I shook my head but smiled in response. I really was happy for this beautiful girl and Andres. They deserved all the happiness in the world.

Bought by The Mafia BossOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara