Chapter 12

My head was pounding when I woke up to the sound of a roaring chainsaw next to me. Lily's leg hung off of the bed and her face was shoved deeply into the four pillows which was causing her to snore extremely loud. The raucous made my head hurt even more so I grabbed her leg and pulled.

She tumbled off of her bed and whipped her head up with a snort. "What was that?" She shouted, trying to blink the sleep from her eyes.

"You were snoring really loudly and my head hurts." I groaned at her and she shoved her hands over her ears.

"Why are you shouting?" She said to me and I shook my head.

"I'm not." I whispered and shoved the haze away. Last night was such a blur and I wasn't quite sure all that had gone down. Part of me was saying I was angry at Oliver but I couldn't remember exactly why which was even more frustrating. Pushing myself to a sitting position I staggered to the bathroom and got myself ready half blind since the lights were too bright.

Lily came swaying into the bathroom just as I exited to begin her morning routine. I had thrown my wet hair up on the top of my head, not caring that it would come out of the bun extremely frizzy and shoved my glasses on. Grabbing a pair of black leggings and an oversized white sweater from my hangers, I pulled them on before slipping out into the hallway.

The entire walk towards the dining hall I continued to fight with my brain as to why I was angry with Oliver, becoming more and more frustrated with the lack of a reason by the minute. I slammed through the doorway and the eyes of the five men that were already eating breakfast flew to me.

"Why the h*** am I mad at you?" I said unabashed, staring at Oliver. The facial expression that crossed Marcus' face almost had me laughing as he quickly returned to his breakfast knowing he should mind his own business.

Oliver slid back from the table and politely excused himself for a moment before walking over to me. He looked at me with a stern face and clasped my arm with his hand tightly, whipping me around before guiding me out of the dining hall for some privacy.

As we stepped into the corridor he continued to aggressively proceed towards Marcus' study and I was growing increasingly angry with him manhandling me like this. I attempted to twist my arm out of his grip, but all it did was spin the skin under his hand and I cried out in pain. He glared at me and pushed me into the study before finally releasing my arm.

"That hurt." I said to him through gritted teeth. He didn't answer as he kept his back to me and locked the door then continued to stare at the door. "Are you going to answer my question?" I angrily spouted at him and rubbed my sore arm.

Oliver finally whipped around and the look in his eyes was riddled with embarrassment and confusion. "Don't you ever speak to me like that in front of my business associates." He seethed out and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Or what? What would you do?" I taunted back, angry that he was upset with me despite causing me for whatever still unknown reason, to become angry last night.

He aggressively stepped towards me, his powerful frame not the usual soft and caring figure that it normally was. His tone was bold and commanding as he chuckled in a sadistic way. "You have it in your head that I'm the good guy in life. The hero who will swoop in and save everyone in the pursuit of justice." He continued to press towards me and my backside bumped into the desk, knocking a few pens to the ground.

I couldn't speak as he loomed over me, his eyes not moving from mine which incited fear and heat to course through my body. A combination of two emotions that had me unsure how to act. Suddenly, his large hands crashed against the desk on each side of me. He seethed out in Italian, "Trust me, sweetheart. You've been sorely mistaken and I have no issue in doing whatever I need to do to keep people in line." And then his tone changed. Changed from the rage filled bristling tone, to something of lust. "Or whatever I need and want to do to remind a certain woman who's in charge."