Chapter 19

I watched Lily plop the unopened box from Oliver into my suitcase before quickly zipping it up as I walked into the room. Normally I would've questioned her, but it was close to three which meant there wasn't much time to change what had been packed. I picked up my suitcase handle and stood it up on the wheels as she grabbed hers.

"You ready?" Lily asked me and I nodded. I was excited for a three hour drive that I would get with Oliver. Alone. We turned and wheeled our suitcases out of the room as one of Oliver's shadows stopped me. He grabbed my suitcase without a word and then carried it down the stairs. I glanced at Lily who stared at me wide eyed and confused.

Shrugging my shoulders I turned and followed him down the stairs where Oliver was waiting with Marcus. He smiled softly when he saw me walking down the staircase and then chuckled as Lily struggled to carry her suitcase down the stairs. Marcus finally sent someone up to grab it from her as I got to the main floor and walked over quietly to Oliver.

He looked down at me, his eyes intense and pierced directly into my soul. "You have no idea how much I like you." He whispered to me and I don't think I had ever smiled as big as I did in that moment before. His thumb brushed across my lips as Lily finally made it down the stairs and he slipped an arm around my shoulders.

She looked at me with a jealous frown and then followed her dad out of the mansion. Oliver turned and held my hand as he led me out into the winter's air. A fresh blanket of snow had fallen as I followed him to a white Jeep with heavily tinted windows that looked fitted for snow and the offroads. He opened the passenger door and helped me step in before closing it and then crossed in front of the vehicle to enter the drivers side.

I gazed at Oliver a little bewildered as he put his seat belt on and pushed the ignition button. "You're driving?" I said to him and he raised that single eyebrow again and chuckled.

"That is a skill I happen to have." He teased me and I shook my head as he put the Jeep into drive and followed the SUV Marcus and Lily were in. Settling back into my seat, I kicked my shoes off and put my feet up on the dash thinking nothing of it. He looked at my feet and then back at the road several times before finally speaking.

"Why are you putting your feet on my dash?" He asked me and I looked at him with a little bit of attitude.

"Because it's comfy. Besides, these are clean socks. It'll be fine." I replied and he looked so appalled with my sass.

"Do you know how much this cost?" He spouted back but his tone seemed lighthearted and silly.

"Probably an insignificant amount for such a successful and intelligent man as yourself." I replied and he chuckled.

"Going for the 'flattering the ego' technique I see." He looked at me and winked.

"Did it work?" I asked and gave him the biggest puppy dog look I could manage and he tried to stay straight faced but it only lasted a couple seconds before he smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Fine. But if you leave even one scratch on my dash..." He trailed off and I looked at him with a slightly devilish look.

He cocked his head at me and I spoke. "What would you do?" I taunted him and he squirmed in his seat as I placed my hand on his leg and slowly trailed it up his thigh.

"Be careful there, tesoro." He growled at me as his eyes turned dark and he slid down in his seat to try and adjust himself. I stopped my hand just before reaching his bulge and he groaned. "Not cool." He gritted out and I giggled.

Shaking his head he turned some music on and we fell into simple conversation. He talked about his mom and growing up in England so we compared what school was like in America versus there. He was pretty vague about his dad but did talk about what it was like getting to know his half siblings; apparently they were all serious drama queens but he was grateful he was given the chance to be a part of their lives.