Chapter 11

Oliver released my hand before opening the door to the dining hall and let me enter first. Something had changed between us. Unspoken. Whatever it was, had weaved our paths together permanently and would change my life in a way I didn't even know yet.

All eyes turned to look at us as we entered, Lily giggling behind her hand and then whispered something in Andres' ear that caused him to wiggle his eyebrows at us. I rolled my eyes in return and we took our seats. Marcus seemed oblivious to what had occurred and grinned at Oliver as he sat down next to him. They quickly fell into conversation as I sat down in the only empty chair left, directly on the right side of Oliver.

Lily continued to stare and wiggle her eyebrows at me alongside Andres so at this point all I could do was shake my head. Food came out almost immediately after we sat down and I dove into the delicious lemon herb grilled salmon.

As we nearly finished the end of our meal, I caught Oliver watching me and blushed. He raised his typical eyebrow as his eyes shone in amusement so I quickly glanced back at my mostly cleaned plate. Pushing the few scraps that remained back and forth across the dish, I felt a hand rest on my thigh and froze.

Oliver didn't even miss a beat in his conversation with Marcus as his fingers trailed back and forth across my leg. Luckily Lily couldn't see since she was sitting across from me and I oddly relaxed. Setting my hand on top of his, he weaved his fingers through mine and didn't even flinch at the contact. His eyes glanced in my direction, extremely brief but I could see the desire in them. I was slowly becoming attached to this man who I still knew so little about.

"Aedlin! Are you ready for girl's night?" Lily squealed from across the table and I looked at her. She was practically bouncing in her chair.

I shook my head and chuckled. "Ready whenever you are!"

It had been a while since I had quality time with my best friend and she jumped up from her seat. Oliver squeezed my leg before moving his hand to his lap which allowed me to stand up. I followed Lily out of the dining hall as Marcus said, "Drinks in the study?"

Lily led the way up to her room and then closed the door behind us where I plopped down on her comfortable bed. "First, we get into comfy pajamas and then we are heading to the theater and going to drink a lot of wine and play Rockband!" Lily said and clapped her hands together before throwing a pair of silky shorts and shirt at me with a matching pair of slippers.

Turning around, I slipped off my clothes and began to pull on the shorts as she spoke again. "Are you going to continue to tell me that nothing has happened between Oliver and you?" She pressed and I began buttoning up the pj top.

"Nothing has happened because we keep getting interrupted." I muttered more boldly than usual to her and turned around with my hands on my hips. She squealed in glee and headed towards the door.

"Whoops." She giggled and opened the door as I followed her into the hallway. "I'm still a bit stunned that he took interest in the quiet and shy Aedlin. I mean, this is the Oliver Hunt we are talking about." We slipped down the stairs and turned around the banister to begin the short walk to the movie theater.

"I'm not always that shy." I countered.

She scoffed and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "You've had how many previous boyfriends before dark and mysterious Oliver shows up? Two? Both of whom you only ever kissed? Yea, you're treading in some new terrain." We reached the tall doors and pried them open, walking into the mostly soundproof room. Thick walls lined the edges with a bar and popcorn maker directly across from the door. The large screen filled the entire wall from just a foot off the floor to the ceiling to my right and the projector danced brightly to my left.