Chapter 28

Screams. Muffled screams that seemed to come from the back of my mind in an attempt to rouse me was the first sound I heard. Desperation that so matched my anguished soul. Desperation to not leave her alone. My eyes shot open just as Lily and the room faded from view. The pain, the aching bruises came crashing back and I slipped back into my unconsciousness.

Jostling pulled me from my solitary bliss into another unfamiliar view of the dark, night sky. Someone was carrying me over their shoulder back into a very stale smelling place from the fresh night air. My vision was blurry and I had no energy to truly look at what was going on. It was exhausting just feeling the movement of me being shuffled someplace. My body eventually crashed against something semi-soft with my hands bound together and then I was still.

I wanted the pain gone, the puffy bruising to subside so I remained still with my eyes closed as a dull hum roared to life. Once again, my body began to vibrate with the movement of whatever was taxiing away. That's when I felt it. The lurch in my stomach and shift in pressure as I tried to pop my ears. And I sat up, opening my eyes as quickly as I could.

My surroundings were unfamiliar but familiar at the same time. I was in an airplane, a private aircraft with the nice, fancy seats. Mine was next to an identical one that was vacant, but the two across from me were occupied by extremely burly men. A glass of water sat on the table that separated them from me and I inhaled sharply with fear. To my left was a long line of comfortable couch like cushions, occupied by three more not quite as burly men. I recognized none of them, nor the stewardesses that filtered about the cabin bringing these men drinks.

One of them, a middle aged woman with black hair, stopped and gestured to the glass. "For you." She quietly said in Italian and then continued on her way. I was parched, not having had a drink since before the blonde haired kid had beat me up. Praying it wasn't drugged I reached forward with my hands still bound by zip ties and picked up the glass. I was shaking, but managed to not spill as the cool liquid slipped down my throat.

The two burly men watched me until I put the glass down and then the one on the left who had shorter hair and no neck tattoos stood up. He walked around to me and I flinched as he reached forward to grab my arm. "I'm just going to cut those off." He said, also in Italian as he gestured to the zip ties. I hesitantly raised my hands to him, but he did as he said he would and flipped out a knife before slicing it off.

"What's going on?" I quietly asked, still terrified of the men. I also had no idea where I was going or why which added to the terror.

The burly man with some intense neck tattoos smiled softly at me and answered. "The boss bought you, so you're going to him." But while he meant that in a way to calm me, it only added to my fear.

"Bought me? As in like an object? A thing that he wanted so he bought me?" I said in absolute bewilderment. It didn't seem to phase a single soul in the aircraft as the two men looked between each other and then said duh. They literally said duh to me like it was a normal everyday occurrence.

"I'm not an object, I'm a human being and I just want to go home." I said in protest and they chuckled.

The one without neck tattoos spoke next. "Everyone has a price."

I couldn't believe how unphased they were with the entire situation but I was also a little curious. "Boss?" I asked and the two men nodded their heads yes. "The boss of who?"

The man with the neck tattoos smiled at me, a very mischievous and proud smile. "The boss of the Cacciatori Scarlatti." This just added to my confusion. Not only was I bought by someone, it was someone that no one actually knew. As pissed as I was at Oliver right now, I wished it had been him who rescued me.