Chapter 10

He scooped me up and walked into the room as another wave of tears crashed down my face. The door closed behind him and he sauntered towards the couch before sitting down and wrapping his arms even tighter around me.

His large body practically engulfed mine as he held me closely, allowing me to cry. I couldn't seem to find any ability to speak so I shakily pulled my phone out from my pocket and unlocked it for him. He slipped it from my hand and I watched him look at the post that had caused the grief.

At first his eyes held confusion, as he looked at the happy pictures but then a dark anger clouded them as he read the caption and realized who these people were. He locked the phone and closed his eyes, the vein popping out on his forehead for a moment before he was able to calm his breathing.

He cursed a couple times under his breath in Italian which made me oddly giggle, and he stopped. I looked up at his face as he tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Do you know what I just said?" He teasingly accused me.

I pushed my lips together and shook my head no. He rolled his eyes at me. "You know you're a terrible liar."

To which I closed one eye and grimaced while agreeing. "I know."

"This entire time, you've been able to understand what's been said?" He inquired of me and I reluctantly nodded. "Why the h*** did you not say anything?" His eyes were full of amusement. Once again, he wasn't mad at me for something I thought he would get mad about. But then again, I barely knew this man.

"I wasn't sure I wanted you to know just yet." I quietly answered.

"Why not?" He pushed back some wayward, still damp hair from the shower and watched me with his fiery intense eyes.

"You're a stranger and I have no idea if I could trust you or not." I said back and he slowly nodded.

We sat in silence for a moment as he ran his fingers through my hair over and over. I sunk deeper into his embrace and tender touch as he finally rested his chin on the top of my head. "That was your brother and sister-in-law with your parents, wasn't it." He stated and the room went cold despite his body heat that had enveloped me.

"Apparently I am irrelevant to the family.." I whispered out, feeling absolutely drained.

Oliver pulled my legs up into his lap, and I curled up in a ball. "Well, it's their loss. They're missing out on getting to know someone incredible." He answered and leaned back against the couch.

I looked up at him, suddenly a little confused. "Why haven't you run away? I mean, my life is a bit of a mess and I have cried in front of you a few times now and you've been here for a day." He chuckled and then cocked his head.

"Well, you didn't run away when I told you my mother was technically my father's mistress. I think all of us are a bit of a mess, tesoro." He smiled at me, a soft endearing smile filled with desire and affection. All of this was happening so fast. Especially for someone who had barely had any relationships before. Especially for someone who had only kissed two other men before.

"That's true. Speaking of, why did your father give you his business if you were technically illegitimate?" I asked him, feeling myself beginning to relax.

"I am the only boy and the oldest. Only men can be the boss." He replied nonchalantly.

"That sounds a little sexist." I answered and he crinkled his brows for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess it kind of is. But that's the rules of the business."

I pushed away from him slightly and glared at him. "So change the rules, Mr. Boss man." I boldly stated back and he threw his hands up in the air in defense.