Chapter 14

My bum was numb by the time Lily finished my makeup and hair. It was dark and intense, a little more seductive and loud than I was used to but it made me feel extremely powerful. It held just a flash of color the same as the dress that you would only be able to see if the light hit it at the right angle. Deep red matte lipstick was drying on my lips as Lily applied the last spritz of hairspray to my hair.

She had kept that simple, only wanting to enhance the dress so she had slicked it all back. It held more even volume on the top of my head, while the sides were smoothed flesh with my skin and tucked back and under. This accentuated my delicate features while creating a dramatic and seductive look.

Lily helped me step into the dark green, satin dress with a mermaid silhouette. She pulled the extremely luxurious fabric over my body and adjusted the dress so it sat perfectly on my body. It fit like a glove, as if it had been customized to fit just me and she helped me step into black heels that tied the outfit and my makeup together.

I took a deep breath, attempting to find the confidence to wear a dress that was this revealing. The short ruched sleeves were off the shoulder and sat just above my elbows and wrapped to cover my very exposed chest just enough to remain elegant. The fabric crossed in the middle and then blended down to my waistline, cinching it in tight, leaving much skin exposed. The back of the dress was very revealing as well, a criss-cross design that started from the sleeves as well.

Lily covered her mouth and her eyes widened. "You look so drool worthy! I need someone to buy me a dress like that. If Oliver doesn't eat you up, I will hurt him ok?" I smiled and thanked her for the confidence boost before turning around and walking out of the room.

My heart was beating in my chest so forceful, I was worried everyone would be able to see the pulse under my skin. I was nervous. Slowly, I took small steps towards the top of the stairs. Before stepping past the wall I took a deep breath and told myself I was one sexy beast and if he didn't think so then he was an idiot.

And I stepped out from the wall to stand at the top of the stairs. It was crowded, filled with all different men that were scattered about talking with Marcus and his employees that I had seen here before or a few of Oliver's companions that had come with.

Oliver's back was to me, speaking with one of his shadows in a delicious black suit with a pair of dark green accent shoes. I admired his fashion taste with the shoes when suddenly, the shadow he was speaking with dropped his jaw and his eyes landed on me. Anyone who saw him look, followed suit and silence fell over the corridor below.

I took a step down the stairs as Oliver turned around and his fiery eyes heavily moved down and up my body. When he finally looked at my gaze, I could see a clear and unfiltered desire. The flames in his eyes deepend as he watched me move down the stairs and licked his lips in hunger.

When my feet stepped off of the stairs he smiled at me, an almost possessive smile that sent chills through my body and heat erupted as he stepped forward. "You look absolutely stunning." He whispered to me as I came to halt in front of him. Boldly, he lifted his left hand and brushed his fingers across my bare collarbone and I shuddered under his touch.

Without another word he offered me his arm and I placed my small hand in the crook of his elbow before he led me out into a very chilly and snowy night. We stepped into a limo that had been waiting for us and the driver shut the door before entering in the front. Pulling out of the driveway I didn't say anything as I tried to calm my beating heart. He had been impressed but that didn't mean I wasn't still a nervous wreck.

"It's missing one last thing, tesoro." He said, pulling me from my daze and chuckled when he saw the startled look on my face. "Are you nervous?" He asked as he reached into the compartment next to him and pulled out a velvet box.