Chapter 36

Gentle fingertips brushed across my bare skin. Renzo was breathing calmly beside me, his body pressed against mine; heat and warmth caressing me. We stayed like that, not speaking, just being, for quite some time. He would once in a while press soft kisses against my forehead or land some play bites across my neck. I slid my hand into his and laid upon his chest. I didn't want this moment to end. This serenity.

But of course, at some point it would and my bladder was the interrupting factor. "I have to pee." I eventually said to him and he raised that amused eyebrow and chuckled. Slipping his hand out of mine, he lifted up the sheets and made room so I could slide out of the bed.

I plodded over to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. Glancing in the mirror as I lifted the toilet lid, I chuckled to myself. My hair was a mess and the blurry image that reflected back didn't help. Quickly going to the bathroom, I washed my hands and then put in my contacts and pulled a brush through my hair. The only thing I had on was the emerald necklace.

After quickly applying some makeup, I walked out of the bathroom to find Renzo still lying in the bed. Naked. He was on his phone with a very serious look on his face. I slid the closet doors open and pulled out a pair of high waisted white shorts and a black cropped t-shirt. Finding a pair of panties and a bra from my drawer, I got dressed and turned around. Renzo was now watching me. That one eyebrow raised and he had a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Just admiring the view." He responded and I felt my cheeks turn red hot. He winked at me and then returned to his phone. My stomach grumbled, reminding me that he had interrupted my breakfast which I knew turned soggy long ago.

"I am going to go grab something to eat. Do you want anything?" I asked Renzo. He furrowed his brows but didn't look up at me.

"I'm alright. Thanks, tesoro." He responded without looking up, and continued to take care of whatever he was doing. I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of the bedroom, softly closing the door behind me.

During the time period that I had gone into the bedroom, Adam had shown up and was sitting on the couch with some guy I didn't recognize and my two roommates. Shelby glanced up from her phone and giggled at me as I walked into the kitchen. Opening the fridge door, I didn't acknowledge her giggle and grabbed some jam.

"Soooooo." She dragged out as I grabbed the bread and peanut butter and got to making myself a sandwich. I looked up at Shelby and copied Renzo, raising just a single eyebrow. She chuckled and shook her head. Returning to her phone, I finished making my sandwich as a knock sounded on the door.

"I got it!" Marissa quickly said, and jumped up from the couch. "I think it's the guys." She said to Shelby who smiled. I took a bite of my sandwich and leaned against the kitchen counter as Marissa swung the door open.

"Hi. Is Aedlin in?" A familiar voice said and I stopped midchew. In the excitement of everything, I had totally forgotten about Nate. I hadn't bothered to tell him that the date wasn't going to go any farther or that we should stick with being friends and here he was at my door.

Placing my sandwich down on the counter, I quickly walked around the cabinetry and offered Nate a tight lipped smile. "Hey." I quietly said as Marissa looked at me wide eyed and slowly backed away.

"Sorry to just drop by, but I was thinking-" He started and I put a soft hand up.

"Nate, stop." I said, and he closed his mouth. "The thing is, I think we are best as just friends." He slowly nodded, chewing on my words and then gave me a crooked half grin.

"Yea, I wondered if the kiss had been as dull for you as it was for me." He chuckled and grimaced.

Nodding, I placed a hand on his. "It really didn't do anything for me. We are awesome friends, amazing business partners, but yea." I said to him and he nodded.