Chapter 22

I was woken up by a bombardment of kisses across my face and neck and back. Giggling, I rolled over and covered my face with my hands as Oliver continued to pepper me with kisses. He started adding in play bites so I finally moved my hands and looked at him.

"Good morning tesoro." He said, his eyes bright and warm against the morning light.

"Hi." I softly answered and he kissed my lips.

"Merry Christmas." He whispered against my mouth and I smiled against his. It was Christmas Day and honestly, this was starting out as the best one yet. Despite the fact that my family had completely forgotten about me, I had Oliver. A banging on the door made me roll my eyes as Oliver scrunched his eyebrows together and sighed.

He slipped out from the bed and walked over to the door, running his hands through his morning hair that looked extremely sexy despite being so messy. I sat up in the bed and bit down on a finger as he glanced at me before turning the doorknob. He raised that single eyebrow before I realized he caught me ogling over him.

Quickly pulling my finger from my teeth, I laid back down on the bed as the pounding happened again. Oliver swung the door open looking a little peeved. "What?" He said, a little more aggressive than I thought was necessary. I saw Lily's blonde hair peek over Oliver's shoulder and she tried to shove past, but he stuck an arm in the way to stop her.

"Why won't you let me pass? It's Christmas morning and I need to go tell Aedlin something." She whined out and Oliver stood stiff for a moment before turning and looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders and he dropped his arm as she came cruising into the room. She crashed onto the bed as Oliver closed the door and leaned against the wall to watch.

"TA DA!" She said and wiggled her left hand at me. It took me a second to understand what was going on but then I saw it; a giant flashy diamond ring sat on her thin finger.

"Oh congratulations! It's beautiful and about time!" I replied enthusiastically to her while examining the over the top ring that swamped her finger. It was definitely Liliana though and I smiled.

"He asked last night during a walk we took to have a little bit of alone time. I wanted to tell you first but I couldn't find you even after going back to our room. Which we obviously aren't sharing." She blurted out and I shook my head.

"Well I'm super excited for you regardless of the fact that I didn't get to find out until this morning." I answered with a wide smile.

"Good. Cause now you get to be my maid of honor and help me plan this whole thing!" She replied giddily and bounced on the bed a little bit. Oliver pushed off of the wall and sauntered over.

"I hate to break up the party... Congratulations Liliana." He said, looking at her and pausing to emphasize the congratulations.

"Thank you." She said and then returned to speak with me but Oliver cut her off.

"Aedlin will be out in a minute for breakfast if you wouldn't mind giving us a minute." He politely said, dismissing her in one of the kindest yet abrupt ways I had ever heard. Her mouth dropped open as Oliver walked back to the door and held it open for her.

She looked at me a little bewildered and then slowly nodded in approval. "Nice pajamas." She said and then slid off of the bed. "See you at breakfast!" She cheerily waved and left the bedroom. Oliver clicked the door shut behind her and shook his head as he walked back to the bed.

"She was just excited and she is my best friend." I said to him and he smiled.

"I know. But you are about to discover what it's like to walk the next day which requires a little extra attention." He softly said as I swung my extremely sore legs over the edge of the bed and tried to stand up. They gave out below me and I fell to the ground, just barely missing the hard floor as Oliver caught me in his arms. He helped me gain my balance on my shaky feet and let me take a few steps forward. With terrible timing, his phone began to ring on the bedside table and he looked at it before looking back at me.