Chapter 35

I had completely forgotten that there had been more than Renzo and I in this room. Granted, they hadn't been able to understand most of what we said since it had been in Italian but the word Italy was practically the same in both languages. Both Marissa and Shelby were staring at me, with eyes wide and full of concern.

"That is where I live." Renzo said to both of the girls, sliding his arm around my waist.

"But that would mean we wouldn't see you." Marissa said to me and I blinked, surprised they cared that much.

"I would come visit." I replied and watched both of the girls look between Renzo and I. Suddenly Marissa's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open.

"You're him! The dude from the internet who gave Aedlin the dress and her necklace she never takes off." Marissa said and Shelby rolled her eyes as Renzo glanced at my neck. The emerald necklace still sitting in its place against my collarbone.

"You never took it off?" He said to me and I shook my head no. "Why not?" He asked and I adjusted my glasses.

"It was a gift from you." I replied shrugging my shoulders and realizing that it had held me close to him this entire time. "I guess I hadn't been ready to let you go." My voice steadily faded as I spoke the last sentence. He slowly raised that single eyebrow, but this time he didn't look at me amused. He was looking at me with a gentle softness and desire. He was looking at me with tender love, something I had never noticed before.

"Do you still have the other gifts too?" He asked me.

"The dress is still in my closet, the diamond necklace is in my jewelry box and-" My eyes widened as I realized I never actually opened the one he gave me after tearing off my panties. "I never opened one of them." I replied and he cocked his head at me, this time truly amused with me.

"There are more gifts? And one of them is a diamond necklace? How rich are you really?" Shelby said in shock and I glanced at her as Renzo chuckled next to me. He kissed the top of my head as she threw her hands on her hips.

"Does someone need to be taught what happens when they so rudely forget about a gift I give them?" He whispered only to me, sending a wave of heat through my body with his flirtatious tone. Oh how I missed him.

"Yeah, he gave me the diamond necklace when I wore the dress to a Christmas concert and then he gave me the one I haven't opened after he-" I quickly cut myself off as I realized my big loose lipped tongue was going to get me into more trouble and I glanced at Renzo. He ran a hand over his mouth and cocked that eyebrow at me once more.

Shelby looked at me confused, and prodded me to continue. "After he what?" She said and I shook my head.

"It doesn't matter, but what does matter is I really want to go open the present now." I said and grabbed Renzo by the hand, dragging him into my room. He followed without hesitation and I shut the door quickly behind us. Walking over to the dresser, I pulled open the bottom left drawer and grabbed the still wrapped gift I had forgotten about.

Renzo sat down on the edge of my bed and watched me bring it over. "I can't believe I forgot about this." I said, plopping down next to him.

"Me neither. Plus I think this is my favorite gift I have given you." He said and watched me eagerly. I untied the bow and pulled open the box, looking at the contents completely shocked. Yes, there was a pair of lacy panties that looked practically identical to the pair he ripped inside the box but there was something else. Behind the underwear was a framed picture, a simple picture of him and I. He was smiling at me, and I was wearing my glasses with my hair pulled up in a messy bun laughing.

It looked like someone had taken the picture while we were at Marcus' house early one morning and I looked at Renzo confused. "This is your favorite gift? Why?" I asked him and he tenderly smiled before placing a hand against my cheek and then tapping the side of my glasses.

"Because I think you are the most beautiful when you look like this." He pointed to the picture and I realized I was wearing the exact same thing right at this moment that I had been wearing in that picture. My silly, unmatching pajamas and fuzzy slippers. No makeup, nothing done up and he thought this was when I looked the most beautiful.

I smiled softly at him and he watched me before leaning forward. He paused, just a centimeter above my lips and placed his hand on the nape of my neck before finally pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back, leaning into the luscious sweet taste of his mouth. Sparks flew from his touch as he pushed me back against the bed, pulling himself from the kiss for a moment as he crawled on top of me.

He crashed his mouth against mine once more, parting his lips just a little and I followed suit to allow access for his tongue. He shoved it in, tasting every corner of my mouth as his right hand slid down the side of my figure. I threw my hands around him as heat began to rise in my body. My heart was racing, intertwining my breathing with his. I wanted him. More of him. All of him.

I had been waiting long enough to allow myself to be vulnerable with someone again, and this time, it seemed as if our bodies hadn't experienced the same amount of time lapse that the rest of our relationship had and remembered each other. This time I wasn't even an ounce nervous. This time wasn't aggressive. This time was passionate and loving. Tender and caring. This time I got lost in discovering every little thing about him.

And he got lost with me, learning how every curve of my body felt and moved. This time made up for all the lost moments we hadn't spent with each other. I felt seen and perfect. He wanted to see me and he loved on every part of me. The world moved slowly, tenderly as the world turned black around us and the only two people that existed were him and I.

This time was what my body had been telling me to wait for. This time was love.