Chapter 50: Cute Little Booties!

(Mature Language 18+)

That evening Eric was in the bedroom talking on phone with Xavier. He was giving him all the necessary tips on how to stay calm and focus on the proposal.

Yes, like he said, Xavier was finally going to propose Charlotte tonight. And to be honest he was so worried. Even though he knew her answer would be yes, still he could not calm his racing heart.

"Relax! You love her and she loves you. There is nothing to worry about." Eric said for the nth time that evening trying to calm his best friend while Xavier heaved a deep sigh and said in a subtly shaky tone, "I know man. I am just so excited and worried at the same time. What if she doesn't want this? I mean what if she feels this is too early?"

"Believe me buddy; she is dying to get married to you. She wants this..." Eric said trying to comfort his friend again but was interrupted, "How do you know that? Did she tell you?"

"No! She didn't tell me anything."

"Then, how do you know?"

As Xavier tossed the most obvious question, Eric chuckled softly and scratched his jaw line saying, "She is my sister and I know her like the back of my hand. Alright!"

Of course he could picture Xavier rolling his eyes at him.

"But seriously, how did you feel when you proposed Mahima? Were you also worried? I mean how did you plan? How long did you take to plan everything? What was her first reaction?" Xavier shot question after question all in one go while Eric's lips curled up remembering that beautiful evening when he had proposed her going on his one knee.

Everything about that day was still so fresh in his mind. Well, not only that day; every moment spent with her was always fresh in his mind like it was just yesterday. It was a rainy evening and she was standing with her arms stretched wide open as if embracing every raindrop that left the clouds. He didn't know what came over him but the next thing he knew was going on his one knee and asking for her hand. Nothing was planned, everything happened in a blink of an eye.

He had listened to his heart!

His train of thoughts broke when he heard Xavier's voice, "Eric, I am waiting here."

Clearing his throat, he blinked his eyes a few times and replied, "To be honest, I never planned it. It just happened. It was like with the flow. I knew I couldn't live without her and then, I just barged towards her, got on my one knee and proposed her. No ring... Nothing! And, and she said 'yes'!"

"Wow! That's really nice."

"Yeah I know. Listen, just don't worry. Charlotte loves you and we both know that she wants to get married to you. We know how serious she is about you. And even if she wants sometime to get married I am sure everything will be fine. She loves you like crazy." Eric said putting his hand inside his pant pocket and looking at the clock. It was nearly dinner time and Mahima was still not ready.

While her husband was busy talking on phone, she was in the closet getting ready for their family dinner. After all it was going to be a very special dinner to each and every person in the family. Right?

"Thanks! I need that! I love her too." As Xavier whispered softly, Eric walked towards the closet saying, "Anyway, you are going to rock it. So you chill down and good luck. And you better not be late for desserts tonight. Mahima and I have a surprise and I want you and Charlotte to be there with us."

"Alright! We will be there."

Ending the call he entered the closet and found her standing in front of the mirror only in her in-skirt and blouse. She was wearing a white satin in-skirt and ocean blue satin blouse. Her white satin saree with ocean blue streaks and the tiny faint orange flowers was carelessly thrown on the arm rest of the chair.