Chapter 36: Little 'Kitty'!

(Mature Language 18+; Double Update: Chapters 36 & 37)

"MOMMY!"

To say her heart stopped for a second would be such a great understatement. With confusion and shock laced on her face, she looked over her shoulder only to find a little girl around 4 years hugging her like her whole life depended on it.

As she tried to turn around, the little girl stepped back with a wide cheeky grin playing on her cute little face. But the instant she saw Mahima's face, that huge smile just vanished into thin air like it never existed.

And just in a flip of a second, tiny tears formed in the little one's eyes. With tears pooling in her sparkling pretty eyes, the little girl bit her lower lip and shook her head mildly as if lost in her own set of thoughts.

Of course Mahima wasn't blind. She could clearly see those tears and her heart pinched in great pain. She wondered what must have caused the little girl such a pain that her eyes turned glossy.

Maybe she came out with her parents and got lost in this huge store? Maybe that's the reason she called her 'Mommy' just a while back? Yes, maybe that was the case.

No doubt this girl looked no less than a princess dressed in white frock that reached an inch just above her knees. And her long black hair was neatly done in a ponytail. Her chubby cheeks and rosy lips only screamed how cute she was and how much god took all his time in creating this doll.

With the desire to become a mother enveloping her mind, heart and soul every single day, she really couldn't help herself from tending towards this little girl. Plus, those pools in her eyes were not really helping the case.

Deciding she had to help this little girl finding her parents, Mahima went down on her knees and cupped the girl's face ever so lovingly asking, "What happened dear? What is your name? Where are your parents? Are you lost honey? Don't cry sweetheart!"

But all she got in response was silence!

Now, this confused Mahima more than ever. How was she supposed to help this little one if she kept quiet? What was she supposed to do now? Maybe search the store and even leave a message at the counter? And if it still doesn't help the case maybe involve the police?

Her heart pinched wondering how shaken this girl must be without her parents around.

Her revere of thoughts broke when she heard someone saying, "Kitty!"

As she looked in the direction, the girl turned around and ran towards the man. Of course the way she hugged his thighs and he heaved a great sigh of relief, Mahima easily figured that he must either be the girl's father or some relative.

"Sweetheart, what did I tell you about running like that?" The man dressed in black jeans and blue t-shirt asked hunching down while the little girl looked at him and replied softly, "I am sorry 'dad'! I thought I saw mommy."

The instant Mahima heard the word 'papa' from Kitty's mouth, she knew she was right about their relationship. Heaving a sigh of relief and feeling happy for the girl, she decided to make her way towards the cash counter but stopped when she heard the man's voice again.

But this time, it was directed for her.

"Excuse me!"

"Yes!"

As she stood there looking at the father-daughter duo, the man picked up the girl protectively in his arms and walked towards her.

"Hi, I am Nicholas and this is my daughter Kitty." He introduced stretching out his hand for a quick handshake but Mahima being the shy girl that she is, she politely smile and joined her hands saying, "Namaste! My name is Mahima."