Chapter 10: Marriage in an 'hour'?

(Mature Language 18+)

"Sir, Mahima comes from a very traditional family with old beliefs and thoughts." Abhimanyu said crossing his arms across his chest while Eric crinkled his eyes and continued to listen carefully trying to figure out where he went wrong.

"Sir, for a girl who believes in keeping fasts to get a loving husband, a good family and a beautiful married life, 'marriage' will be a very important aspect." Abhimanyu said sharing a quick glance with Xavier who too was busy trying to figure out things.

"I never said that I won't marry her." Eric said throwing his hands in the air justifying himself while Abhimanyu shot him a small smile and said, "Sir, you were planning on taking her with you to Canada without marrying her..."

Even before Abhimanyu could say another word, Eric stepped forward and snapped, "And what's wrong in that? I love her and I want to be with her. It's not a big deal."

"But for her it is!"

"What do you mean?"

And as Abhimanyu told him how in villages, the concept of living in relationships and pregnancies without wedlock are frowned upon, Eric was majorly stunned. To add to his shock, Abhimanyu had told him that an unmarried girl was entitled to leave her maternal house only after she is married otherwise, she will be tagged 'shameless' and 'characterless'.

What caught him off guard was how people will start distancing themselves from Mahima's family and eventually how it might affect Kirti's future too.

Yes, if Mahima 'ran away' with Eric, according to all the villagers, then Kirti will be tagged as 'shameless woman's sister' and eventually will never get a decent marriage proposal.

"That's absolute bullsh**! How is Kirti involved in all this?"

"Sir it's the truth. Village or not, what we do definitely affects our family in some or the other way. Let that be good or bad. If we do something good, people tend to praise our parents saying they did well in raising their children, but when we do something bad, then the same people won't think twice saying the exact opposite. It may not be about marriage or living in relationships, it can be about anything, like our studies, jobs etc. And it's true that there are people who keep judging us and our families."

Well, Abhimanyu wasn't wrong!

In every part of the world, there are people who keep judging others unnecessarily. People don't exactly mind their own businesses and that's what creates troubles all around.

Now completely aware about the gravity of the situation, he asked Abhimanyu to arrange for a few things and headed straight towards the car to meet her.

Well, even though she ran away from the bungalow without telling him exactly where she was going, he clearly had an idea where she would be!

* * *

Sitting on the stairs, she had clutched her knees to her chest and had buried her chin over them looking at the huge Lord Shiva idol. It felt like tears had taken a permanent room in her mesmerizing eyes.

The little thought of running away with him leaving behind a huge scar on her family pinched her heart. It was not that she was worried about Usha or Santosh. But yes, she was worried about Kirti and Ankit.

A wrong step from her side and eventually her family will also be tagged 'shameless'. And that was the last thing she ever wanted.

But at the same time, she couldn't imagine a life without Eric. Even though it was not long that they met and have known each other, but still there was something in him that told her that he was the one for her. That, he was the dream man, she had been dreaming about all these years.